The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jones508

Jones508

Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Empty
PostSubject: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:16 am

gm 1

Rays 3, Giants 0 F/7

W. Niemann
L. Sanchez

Leo and I had a great game going and it d/c'd in the bottom of the 7th. I dont remember who for the Rays had the 3 run shot to take the lead, but that's what happened. There's no record of the game on SC, so the standings might be wrong. We played gm 2 with no issues.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:28 am

This was a very disappointing issue, YES Sports Connect does it again!!!: a great game going, a pitchers duel, then in the top of the 7th the Rays SS Jason Barlett connects on a hanging Slider a 3-run HR so the Rays are up 3-0 in the Bottom of the inning Garko Leads off the inning with a double, a couple of pitches later We BOTH get kicked out of the game, nothing is recorded on Sports Connect just as if it never happen, so game 1 looks as unplayed but it was played.

I don't wanna take nothing away from Jones (great Gamer) but I think I still had a shot, to at least take the game to extras. But... Sports Connect does it again!!!!

But I take my loss proudly, I respect the rule, and maybe I didn't have a chance against Rays pitching; but I want to have control of my own destiny, not have sports connect decide for me.

GOOD GAME JONES WELL PITCHED!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Game 2

Giants 4, Rays 0 FINAL - TO BE POSTED

Game 3

Giants 8, Rays 0 FINAL - TO BE POSTED

EDIT: Reverted games back to Games 2 and 3. Game 1 yet to be played.

Last edited by mikeda1940 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
head5745

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:28 pm

Not to butt into your series (Lord knows Leo doesn't need any help), but if Jones took the lead in the top of the 7th and the game disconnected in the bottom of the inning before Leo got equal outs, shouldn't it be replayed? Isn't that the way the league rules are set up?

Last edited by head5745 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:37 pm

Crap, head, you're right. I didn't pay attention to the fact that the runs were scored at the top of the 7th. If thats the case, then the Giants didn't get an equal chance, and GAME ONE IS NOT OFFICIAL!!

Games 2 and 3 become Games 1 and 2

Game 3 still needs to be played!
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 4:43 pm

If Jones scored his 3 runs in the top of the 7th, and the game dropped in the bottom of the 7th and Leo did not get 3 outs, the game is not offical and needs to be replayed.

Please confirm for me that this is the case.

If you can't get together to play it, the game will go to a coin flip.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:15 pm

I guess is not official then (thanks Head) it dropped before the inning was over, there was a runner on second and 1 out in the bottom of the 7th and he scored all of his runs on the top of the 7th...

But don't get us confused, don't call games 2 and 3, 1 and 2 the reason is that You guys can't forget that there's a rotation in place and We followed it, We called game 1 a rain out and play the next two accordingly (pitchers 5 and 1)...
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 5:58 pm

Agreed. Game ONE is in question, then.
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Game 1 can go to Leo if it's that big an issue. I'm not the one in a pennant race, what does 1 W or L do for me. I have plans tonight anyways and I wont be on, no need for a coin flip.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 9:45 pm

With due respect, its not your call. The reason I'm going to a coin flip is because its too short a notice for you to plan the game. As you said, you made other plans, in part perhaps because you thought you were done.

And we can debate whether the win is more important to you or Leo. But its also important to Milk and to bissette and to YLW and to head and to ME. Very Happy And YOU whether you admit it or not.

As I said, and regardless of plans, because of the confusion (part of whichi is my fault for not recognizing the scene in the 7th earlier) if this game can't be played, it goes to a coin flip.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 2:32 am

Game 2

Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Mlb09117

Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Mlb09118

Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Mlb09119
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 2:34 am

Game 3

Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Mlb09120

Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Mlb09121

Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Mlb09122
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)   Series 7 Rays (Jones)  @  Giants (Leo) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Series 7 Rays (Jones) @ Giants (Leo)
Page 1 of 1