The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

Movie recommendation of the week....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

Movie recommendation of the week.... Empty
PostSubject: Movie recommendation of the week....   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 4:24 pm

Sugar....

5* movie, in my top 5 baseball movies of all time. cheers

i think you might even catch a glimpse of Milk and Leo toward the end lol!
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation of the week....   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:04 pm

thanks for the recommendation, just rented tonight.... azucar!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation of the week....   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 2:46 pm

sugar huh? Is it about Darryl Strawberry??? Movie recommendation of the week.... Party_21
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation of the week....   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:40 pm

lol!

no.... here is synopsis

Preview After he catches the eye of a scout while playing in his native Dominican Republic, baseball prospect Miguel "Sugar" Santos (Algenis Perez Soto) is recruited to play in the minor leagues in the Midwest, where he has difficultly adapting both on and off the field. As much a story about the promise of the American dream as it is about America's national pastime, this film dramatizes the hard lessons learned when hope and reality clash.
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation of the week....   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:01 pm

Great movie but wasn't surprised he quit on his dream. "Azucar" made me a cuban sandwich not to long ago @ a Caridad Resturant on 147th and Broadway
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation of the week....   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:43 pm

LOL....

Check out Big Fan with Patton Oswalt... good movie
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:02 am

I'm surprised to find out how many people haven't seen CITY OF GOD, if you havn't, rent it today.
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation of the week....   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:07 am

City of God was great.. but Brazilians play soccer not baseball. Good luck in the playoffs ROJO
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:44 pm

Didn't realize it had to be a baseball movie. Major Legue then, loved it.
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation of the week....   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:26 pm

Cool thanks Red,

I have been meaning to see it... Ill netfilx it.... Big Fan is about football, good story.
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation of the week....   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:32 pm

ooh City of God is a damn good film. The best movies are indy films like that. One of my favs is Amores Perros, but my top movie of all time is Snatch. I could go on for days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movie recommendation of the week....   Movie recommendation of the week.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Movie recommendation of the week....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phoenix League - MLB The Show :: THE DUGOUT :: OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION-
Jump to: