The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm

Go down 
+2
REDSOXNATION22
mikeda1940
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Empty
PostSubject: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm

Game 1 - Yankees 6, Tigers 0 FINAL
Game 2 - Tigers 9, Yankees 6 FINAL
Game 3 - Yankees 7, Tigers 1 FINAL
Game 4 - Tigers 4, Yankees 0 FINAL
Game 5 - Tigers 2, Yankees 1 FINAL (10)

Tigers win series 3-2

*If necessary

All games to be played in EXHIBITION Mode. HOME TEAM CHALLENGES.

Use correct settings:

Difficulty: Hall of Fame
Pitching: Meter
Baserunning: New
Guess Pitch: OFF
Strike Zone: OFF
Hot Zones: OFF
Fastplay: ON

NO RAINOUTS!!!

POST ALL GAME RESULTS IN THIS THREAD. SCHEDULE GAMES *ONLY* IN "SCHEDULE A GAME" FORUM.

ALL TEAMS POST *NEW* ROTATIONS ***BEFORE PLAYING****

Last edited by mikeda1940 on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:30 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 9:46 pm

As voted on before the season by the Founder's Club, you are allowed to revise your rotation before the start of the playoffs. Please post your NEW rotation *HERE* BEFORE PLAYING A GAME. Once you start playing without posting, your regular season rotation will be assumed.

Please do not start playing until Friday September 25 at 8pm. Any games played before then will not be accepted as official.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 10:07 pm

My rotation will stay the same, which is:

Justin Verlander
Edwin Jackson
Rick Porcello
Nate Robertson
Jarrod Washburn
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:50 pm

I'm mixing things up a bit....

1) Joba
2) Petite
3) Sebathia
4) Burnett
5) Mitre* or who ever SC puts in on Monday... is that OK?? I don't know if Mitre is even going to be available come Mondays update...
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:52 pm

No prob. We'll all deal with Monday updates as they come.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:51 am

Game 1

Yankees 6, Tigers 0 FINAL - TO BE POSTED

Game 2

Tigers 9, Yankees 6 FINAL - TO BE POSTED

Guys, try to post as soon as you can. People want to know right away what is going on with these games.

Tenk que...
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: Game 2   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:16 pm

Game 2

Tigers 9 13 0
Yankees 6 14 0

Starters:
Edwin Jackson
Andy Pettitte
Jeremy Bonderman WP
Phil Hughes LP

The Tigers got on the board in the top of the 1st with an RBI triple by Carlos Guillen. That lead was shortlived howerver when Posada hit a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 2nd to make the score 2-1. In the bottom of the 3rd the Yanks added to that lead with an RBI DB by Rodriguez and an RBI single by Posada making the score 4-1. The Tigers got one back in the top of the 5th with an RBI single by Granderson make the score 4-2. The Yanks added to their lead in the bottom of the 6th when Cano grounded into a fielder's choice ground ball double play that allowed a run to score from 3rd making the score 5-2. In the top of the 7th, the Tigers put up a four spot when Gerald Laird hit a 3 run bomb and a solo shot by Ramon Santiago gave them a 6-5 lead. In the top of of the 8th the Tigers put the game away with a solo HR by Cabrera and a 2 run shot by the MVP runner up Magglio Ordonez. The Yanks put up another run with a bomb by Swisher making the final score 9-6.

Player of the game - Gerald Laird 4AB 2R 2H 3RBI 12B 03B 1HR
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:21 pm

Game #1

Yankees 6 8 1
Tigers 0 8 0

W-Joba

HR-Swisher. Arod, Posada, Matsui

Bronx -- It may not have been the most wonderful of starts to a game, but the Yankees certainly liked the way the story ended, home with smiles all around.

Joba Chamberlain offered a tantalizing glimpse of his potential as a starting pitcher and Nick Swisher homered , as the Yankees defeated the Tigers, 6-0, on Saturday at Yankees Stadium, starting the divisonal series.

The Yankees were most encouraged by what they have seen from their youth movement. Chamberlain limited the Tigers to eight hits over nine innings....."It makes you feel real, real good," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "You want to feed your big league team with your system and keep those guys coming up, because to me, that's how you maintain runs as a club."

The Yankees had to withstand a 3 hit ninth inning to finally shake hands on the infield. But the Yankees had plenty of breathing room earlier in the game, when Chamberlain showcased a fastball that touched 96 mph and was supported by a four-run fourth inning.

"I'm just getting more comfortable," Chamberlain said. "Knowing from the get-go being a starter and knowing I've got to go seven or eight innings to keep this team in the game, it's just being more aggressive. When I'm the best is when I go give everything and not try to be too fine."

Limiting the Tigers to three hits, through the first 4 innings Chamberlain retired 10 straight through one stretch in the 88-pitch performance.

"In my mind, the star of the game was definitely Joba," said Swisher,. "Anytime you keep a team like the Detroit Tigers to zero runs while he was in there, it's pretty impressive. Joba did a great job for us tonight."

"That's what we feel that he can do," Girardi said. "He's got such good stuff that I'm sure we'll debate this forever. He can give us seven strong innings, and with a different score, we leave him out there. We thought that was a good chance to get him out, but he pitched great."

Chamberlain said he finally hit his groove after the third inning, when he made a big curveball offering that Miguel Cabrera waved at, .... Chamberlain said then that he told himself to trust his stuff and attack the zone more, finishing with six strikeouts while walking one.

"I threw a lot of fastballs with conviction," Chamberlain said. "They've got great hitters, but you've got to give yourself a little more credit. I think I did a better job of that, and it was definitely something to build off of."

Chamberlain credited mechanical tweaks in helping him become more efficient with his pitches and also increase his velocity, which had sat around 93 mph in his last start.

"This game is full of adjustments, and I think I've done a pretty good job," Chamberlain said. "I've got a lot of great teachers around me, with the coaching staff and the catchers we have. It's definitely guys that can teach you a lot and learn a lot. You just stay with them and keep an open mind."

New York erupted in the fourth, batting around and chasing Tigers starter Justin Verlander, a New Jersey native who starred at Seton Hall Prep.

Swisher belted a three-run homer to left, and Johnny Damon rapped an RBI double off the right-field wall before Verlander exited, replaced by Clay Rapada. After an intentional walk, Hideki Matsui blasted a three-run double to left.

"You'll take them any way you can get them," Girardi said. "We've had some big innings here and that's good to see. Big numbers are hard to come by, its nice to finally get some strikes after swinging at all that junk from the Cards during the last series"

Scoring continued in the fifth, when Swisher teed off on a one-out solo homer to left off Rapada,
"The stars must be aligned in the right direction, I don't know," Swisher said. "I felt pretty good today, and it's a great win in general." adding "you have to respect the Tiger for maning up and trowing strikes, no disrepect againgst the Card but they have an allegic reaction to trowing strikes, maybe now they can go "study up" on trowing strikes"

The Yanks skiper ended by saying " we just want to focus on the Tigers now, we know this wont be a cake walk, but we are up for it"

The Yankees send Andy Petitte to the mound for game 2 of the series.....

Back to top Go down
YouLightWork

YouLightWork

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 4:27 pm

haha awesome recap
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:14 pm

If you would believe it, this is the same guy who would post regular season recaps by just posting the score..... Rolling Eyes

And not always the right one.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
YouLightWork

YouLightWork

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:15 pm

lol he was saving his best work for the playoffs
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:26 pm

mikeda1940 wrote:
If you would believe it, this is the same guy who would post regular season recaps by just posting the score..... Rolling Eyes

And not always the right one.... Very Happy

lol!

details, details.... i got most of it right clown clown
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:07 pm

I think we have a new sports writer for the New York Times... cheers
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:56 pm

Game 3

Yankees 7, Tigers 1 FINAL - TO BE POSTED
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 2:08 am

Game #3

Yankees 7 13 2
Tigers 1 7 0

w- CC Sabathia

HR- Jeter, Damon

Detroit -- CC Sabathia kept insisting that he felt no jitters about being pushed back to the third spot in the rotation, and if his pregame demeanor wasn't convincing enough, his performance sure was.

Appearing relaxed as ever, Sabathia did not allow a run until the ninth inning and enjoyed a victorious return to Detroit. The Yankees supported their ace with home runs from D. Jeter and J. Damon in a 7-1 win against the Tigers.

"It did feel comfortable," Sabathia said. "I'd been here for before, and to be able to get back on that mound and pitch felt good."

Sabathia was greeted politely by the crowd with only a smattering of boos heard among a crowd. "I think they had a lot of love for him" Yankees manager Joe Girardi said.
Sabathia settled in comfortably in a mound match up against the phenom Rick Posrcello. Sabathia faced the minimum through four innings, until Jeter sailed a ball over Texira but inducing a double play to escape the inning.

"There were a lot of Yankees fans here, too," Sabathia said. "bunch of bang wagoners, but don't tell them I told you so" he added.

And the dramatic results were impossible to ignore, especially considering how cool Sabathia had seemed two hours before the game's first pitch, plopping onto a couch with YLW and matching up in an old-school Nintendo rematch of the 1986 World Series.

"It means he's relaxed and he's not over-thinking when he goes out there,un like he did during the season when everyone and his mother hit off him" Girardi said. "He's not putting a lot of pressure on himself. He's the same guy every day. I think that's probably one of the reasons guys love him so much. That and he buys 50 pizzas and hot wings for the team before he pitches"

So as Sabathia strung four zeros on the large left-field scoreboard without allowing a run, the Yankees couldn't help but think what a neat storyline history could provide.

"Early on, you're thinking, 'Wow, this could be a really special night in Detroit'" Girardi said.

The left-hander recorded the first out of the eight inning before Miggy Cabrera hit a bouncer up the middle that deflected off Sabathia's pitching hand before being gobbled by second baseman Robinson Cano, who had no play on the infield hit. Sabathia said he knew exactly what was going on.

"Any pitcher that tells you they don't know they have a shout out is lying," Sabathia said. "You're aware of everything that's going on."

Curtis Granderson and Placido Polanco followed with hits to break up Sabathia's shutout effort, the Tigers tried to chip away.

The sudden turn drew some concern on the Yankees bench, as Girardi dispatched pitching coach Dave Eiland to check on Sabathia, but the hurler reported no pain and had the advantage of a sizable lead the Yankees had built through eight innings against the struggling Porcello. That and the promise of 20 boxes of Krisppy cream convinced him to stay.

With the Yankees exhibiting good patience, Porcello was hit for four runs through five innings, as Jeter and Damon connected for solo home runs.

Cano's two-run single -- part of a three-RBI night -- capped the frame, which featured a bases-loaded, two-run Derek Jeter single up the middle and also a run-scoring hit off the bat of Johnny Damon.

"The guys have been playing great,except for the two errors one from the golden boy" Alex Rodriguez said. "Everyone is contributing. We're 25 men deep, and we feel whoever is up there at any time can get the job done, now let me go call Madonna and do some manscapping."

The Yankees improved to 2-1 on the series "If you look up and down our team at the pitching staff and the lineup, we're very capable of going through these stretches," Sabathia said. "It wasn't working out for us during the season, but this is a good baseball team. Nothing surprises me with these guys." adding "my hat goes off to the Tigers they are a very good team" Girardi agreed with his starter "I know this is not going to be easy, it would not surprise me if this goes five games"

Responding to the recent criticisms of the League Commissioner, Girardi said "If he cant wait a couple of hours for the results of the games maybe he should just put on that Beatles wig and sing some more songs" Jeter also weighed with his opinion "We hear the Comish has some after hour activities and his obsession with John Lenon makes you wonder where he was on the night of December 8, 1980, at around 10:50 pm"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

The Yankees send AJ Burnett to the mound for game 4 of the series which starts at 8pm on Monday.

DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Mlb09_12
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:06 am

I guess the Yankees weren't available for any comments after game 2 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 9:49 am

PlatanoRich wrote:
Game #3

Yankees 7 13 2
Tigers 1 7 0

w- CC Sabathia

HR- Jeter, Damon

Detroit -- CC Sabathia kept insisting that he felt no jitters about being pushed back to the third spot in the rotation, and if his pregame demeanor wasn't convincing enough, his performance sure was.

Appearing relaxed as ever, Sabathia did not allow a run until the ninth inning and enjoyed a victorious return to Detroit. The Yankees supported their ace with home runs from D. Jeter and J. Damon in a 7-1 win against the Tigers.

"It did feel comfortable," Sabathia said. "I'd been here for before, and to be able to get back on that mound and pitch felt good."

Sabathia was greeted politely by the crowd with only a smattering of boos heard among a crowd. "I think they had a lot of love for him" Yankees manager Joe Girardi said.
Sabathia settled in comfortably in a mound match up against the phenom Rick Posrcello. Sabathia faced the minimum through four innings, until Jeter sailed a ball over Texira but inducing a double play to escape the inning.

"There were a lot of Yankees fans here, too," Sabathia said. "bunch of bang wagoners, but don't tell them I told you so" he added.

And the dramatic results were impossible to ignore, especially considering how cool Sabathia had seemed two hours before the game's first pitch, plopping onto a couch with YLW and matching up in an old-school Nintendo rematch of the 1986 World Series.

"It means he's relaxed and he's not over-thinking when he goes out there,un like he did during the season when everyone and his mother hit off him" Girardi said. "He's not putting a lot of pressure on himself. He's the same guy every day. I think that's probably one of the reasons guys love him so much. That and he buys 50 pizzas and hot wings for the team before he pitches"

So as Sabathia strung four zeros on the large left-field scoreboard without allowing a run, the Yankees couldn't help but think what a neat storyline history could provide.

"Early on, you're thinking, 'Wow, this could be a really special night in Detroit'" Girardi said.

The left-hander recorded the first out of the eight inning before Miggy Cabrera hit a bouncer up the middle that deflected off Sabathia's pitching hand before being gobbled by second baseman Robinson Cano, who had no play on the infield hit. Sabathia said he knew exactly what was going on.

"Any pitcher that tells you they don't know they have a shout out is lying," Sabathia said. "You're aware of everything that's going on."

Curtis Granderson and Placido Polanco followed with hits to break up Sabathia's shutout effort, the Tigers tried to chip away.

The sudden turn drew some concern on the Yankees bench, as Girardi dispatched pitching coach Dave Eiland to check on Sabathia, but the hurler reported no pain and had the advantage of a sizable lead the Yankees had built through eight innings against the struggling Porcello. That and the promise of 20 boxes of Krisppy cream convinced him to stay.

With the Yankees exhibiting good patience, Porcello was hit for four runs through five innings, as Jeter and Damon connected for solo home runs.

Cano's two-run single -- part of a three-RBI night -- capped the frame, which featured a bases-loaded, two-run Derek Jeter single up the middle and also a run-scoring hit off the bat of Johnny Damon.

"The guys have been playing great,except for the two errors one from the golden boy" Alex Rodriguez said. "Everyone is contributing. We're 25 men deep, and we feel whoever is up there at any time can get the job done, now let me go call Madonna and do some manscapping."

The Yankees improved to 2-1 on the series "If you look up and down our team at the pitching staff and the lineup, we're very capable of going through these stretches," Sabathia said. "It wasn't working out for us during the season, but this is a good baseball team. Nothing surprises me with these guys." adding "my hat goes off to the Tigers they are a very good team" Girardi agreed with his starter "I know this is not going to be easy, it would not surprise me if this goes five games"

Responding to the recent criticisms of the League Commissioner, Girardi said "If he cant wait a couple of hours for the results of the games maybe he should just put on that Beatles wig and sing some more songs" Jeter also weighed with his opinion "We hear the Comish has some after hour activities and his obsession with John Lenon makes you wonder where he was on the night of December 8, 1980, at around 10:50 pm"

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

The Yankees send AJ Burnett to the mound for game 4 of the series which starts at 8pm on Monday.

DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Mlb09_12

LMAO
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:11 pm

PNN

Platano News Network

"unfair & unbalanced" ....... "you give us 30m, we'll give you what we want"[/font]
Back to top Go down
YouLightWork

YouLightWork

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 7:08 pm

i dont have 30 min
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:57 am

Game 4

Tigers 4, Yankees 0 FINAL - TO BE POSTED
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:59 am

Both the Yankees and Tigers should post whether they are using their #5 pitcher or #1 pitcher for Game 5 BEFORE PLAYING.
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 2:45 am

PNN

Platano News Network

PNN BREAKING NEWS..... beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep

A.J. BURNETT AWFUL, BATS SILENT AS YANKEES LOSE TO TIGERS

Joba slated to start game #5 with the playoffs on the line.....
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: Game 4   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:10 pm

Game 4

Yankees 0 4 1
Tigers 4 10 0

Starters:
A.J. Burnett LP
Nate Robertson WP

The Tigers scored two in the 1st inning off of an RBI single by Carlos Guillen and an RBI single by Brandon Inge. The Tigers tacked on another run in the 5th inning with an RBI single by Placido Polanco making the score 3-0. Ingle singled in another run in the 8th inning to make the final score 4-0 Tigers. The real story in this game was Nate Robertson who threw a complete game 4 hit gem.

Player of the game - Nater Robertson 9.0IP 4H 0R 0ER 0BB 8K 0.00ERA
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:14 pm

I intend on starting Verlander in game 5, but it's going to be a game time decision.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: Game 5   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:01 pm

Game 5

Yankees 1 6 0
Tigers 2 14 0

Starters:
Joba Chamberlain
Justin Verlandeer
Ryan Perry WP
Phil Hughes LP

The Yankees got on the board first in the top of the 3rd when Texeira hit an opposite field homerun that just got over the wall. The Tigers tied the game right back up in the bottom of the inning when Cabrera hit a double down the right field line that scored Santiago who lead the inning off with a single. A running miscue made the play at the plate extremely close. This game stayed tied until the bottom of the 10th when Cabrera doubled in the winning run in Polanco who lead the inning off with a double.

Player of the game - Miguel Cabrera 5AB 0R 3H 2RBI 12B 03B 0HR

I just wanted to add that this series was one of the most enjoyble I've ever been in. I can't say enough about Platano's integrity and charcter in this game. This series was a hit or two away from him writing this post. There's was not one point in this series, or any other time I've played him for that matter, where he did anything questionable. He played his last inning the way he played his first, even when the game was on the line. It was a pleasure bro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm   DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIVISIONAL SERIES (Stengel Division) - YANKEES v. TIGERS - Tigers Win Series 3-2 - Friday Sept 25 at 8pm through Wednesday Sept 30 at 8pm
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next