The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!

Go down 
+6
omgsmitty
REDSOXNATION22
head5745
damilkmanpart2
Leokillz
mikeda1940
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Empty
PostSubject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 6:28 pm

As Leo said, welcome to January! As we all finish the last of the eggnog and get back to work...aaaaacckkkk....lets remind ourselves again how poor (most of us) are at this game.

I'm looking for an simple season (no new members unless someone insists, limited stats unless someone steps up), and we should vote on the parameters as soon as we figure out just how many of us we have willing to play. That will also help us figure out how many of us in the Founder's Club is "retired" for voting purposes.

So, I'll start it off. As far as Phoenix League Winter Ball is concerned, mikeda1940 is IN!

Next?
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2010 9:59 pm

I'm in; even dough I probably suck, since I haven't play "The Show" since Call of Duty came out ( I'm hooked on that GM).
But count me in I should be able to get my stroke back...
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:47 pm

The Milkman is in as always.... I probably suck ass too, but baseball is always in a Dominican's blood.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 10:03 pm

Thats three. If I recall, we need at least six for a league, but not a lot of people have visited the site yet.
Back to top Go down
head5745

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:19 am

Is this going to be the same setup as our other leagues? Last time I tried playing the game I had some issues and had to delete some crap from the drive and the game didn't work well after that.

I'll give it a try and get back to you. If it works, I'm in. If not, I'll see you in March. Can't wait!!!
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:01 pm

In like Flynn! BTW, Milk you should probably stop sucking ass; unless it's a bad bitch, then it's ok Very Happy
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: oo   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 6:33 pm

it depends when it starts bcuz i have to get my ps3 fixed i cant get if back in time then i will play in march when mlb10 comes out. i think it takes a while to get the system back.
Back to top Go down
head5745

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:42 pm

So here's my problem.

I went to play one day and it some something had been corrupted or what not, and that I should delete the game file from the drive. I THINK! that's what I did, but now the game loads super-slow and doesn't work properly. Is there anything I should be doing differently or am I SOL until '10 comes out?
Back to top Go down
head5745

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 7:43 pm

I should add that my other games still work fine.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:23 pm

head, besides the SAVE file(s), did you also delete the GAME file? There is a seperate folder for GAME information. Its one or two folders up on the crossbar from the save information.

Ok, I just reread. You deleted the Game file. Did you delete the Save file?

Last edited by mikeda1940 on Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Ok guys, I'm going to be straight up with you. I'm giving serious thought to NOT purchasing MLB 10 when it comes out (yes, despite my attempted rip off of amazon! Very Happy )

The problem is one of budget. There are SO many MUST HAVE games coming out in the first half of the year (I can count 6 or so that I could want), that I'm having a hard time justifying spending another $50 after trade in on an upgrade. It might be different if I heard of some sort of great advancement of 10 over 09, but it just sounds like rosters and a new catcher mode. feh..

I know I'm letting you down a bit by not moving forward. My most sincere apologies. For the record, you guys are the ONLY reason MLB 10 is still in the running. My record with sports game, before I bought 09, I was playing a game from 05.

Plus I don't want to lose my RTTS guy now that he's the stud of the Red Sox! Very Happy

Sorry guys. I'll let you know what I plan to do as soon as I know. Sad
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: HEY   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 pm

I hope you decide to get mlb10 and we keep this thing going, i like the whole website concept with the league. I agree that the upgrades are not as noticeable from 09 to 10 but there was such a BIG jump from 08 to 09 that it got me liking baseball games again. I HATED 08 and was thinking about NOT getting 09.(im glad i did).Im ONLY into sports games so im not familiar with all the other games coming out but i hope the mlb10 is one of the games u decide to get.
Back to top Go down
WichiWichiPai

PostSubject: Wussup fellas   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:08 am

Wussup everybody... Good to be back... Hope everyones doing well and enjoyed the holidays..... If there's still room for this season I'm down.....Hey Mike hope you decide to get '10
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 3:18 am

Ok, so far we have

mikeda1940
Leokillz
daMilkManPart2
Redsoxnation22
Wichiwichpai

PENDING
head5745
omgsmitty

We need at least six comitted to start a league. Anyone hear from any of the other stragglers?
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 11:43 am

What the h e double hockey sticks are you talking about Mike? Of course you're going to get the game. I'll buy you one and and mail it to you if I have to. This is like the MOB, the only way out is in a body bag.

"Nothing stops, nothing. Or you will do the hardest time there is. No more protection from the guards. I'll pull you out of that one bunk Hilton and cast you down with the sodomites, you'll think you've been f@#$%d by a train"
Back to top Go down
YouLightWork

YouLightWork

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:05 pm

i like cheese
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 pm

"Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in."

-Michael Corleone

Seriously, I need to be looking for some of those "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" sales, and I need to double up.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2010 4:55 pm

Ok, so assuming "i like cheese" means "I would love to participate in Season Three of the Phoenix League", we have our six minimum. I'll give until Sunday to see who else shows up, and to see if head and smitty can work it out, and then we'll start quick voting on how we want to set up the league.

Onward my brothers!
Back to top Go down
head5745

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:43 am

The game seems to be up and fine now. I'm in.
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 9:55 pm

I'm IN!!!! cheers cheers cheers

I'm sick of playing in the forums Mad Mad Mad

Mike consider getting Game fly, you can rent all you want for the price of buying 2-3 games a year...plus you can buy the games you rent if you really like them for a fraction of the price after a few months... just got AC 2 for $15... just a thought
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:02 pm

Yeah, but, the other half of buying all those games is finding the time to PLAY all those games! Very Happy

Lets enjoy Season Three and see where we are. Anyway...
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 11:07 pm

IN

mikeda1940
Leokillz
daMilkManPart2
Redsoxnation22
Wichiwichpai
YouLightWork
head5745
PlatanoRich

PENDING

omgsmitty

RETIRED?

Jones508
Hulkisready5
bbissette19
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 2:47 pm

smitty, any update as to when you might receive your system back? Is it close or no hope. What was it? Yellow Light of Death?

You, of course, know that even if you can't play, feel free to vote on rules and we hope you wish to continue your News!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: hey   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:06 pm

im out of season 3. I wont get my system back for a few weeks but i will be ready to go for spring training in march, and commish im planning on see you there as well,have fun in winter ball. The NEWS wont stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: hey   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 7:12 pm

The system wont turn on it goes to a yellow light then shuts down and it wont eject the game im pissed that i cant play but it's all good and ill be ready to go for season 4!!!!!!!!!!! Sad

Good luck 2 you all in season 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ill be following the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCEMENT: Winter Ball!!! - HEAD COUNT!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phoenix League - MLB The Show :: ARCHIVE :: SEASON THREE :: ANNOUNCEMENTS/LEAGUE NEWS-
Jump to: