The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure

Go down 
4 posters

Rule changes to playoff structure and rainout rules
I agree with the rule changes below (no rainout rules, any wins granted by Sportsconnect on dropped games stand, playoffs are changed to best of 3, again with Sportsconnect wins being official
SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Vote_lcap67%SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
I don't agree and have a better idea (and post your idea below)
SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Vote_lcap0%SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Lets abandon the league, understanding that we cannot have another league for 4 weeks (basically until MLB 10 The Show)
SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Vote_lcap33%SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Empty
PostSubject: SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure   SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:41 am

We have a problem, folks, and sorry I didn't think this out before. We will forever have a problem playing exhibition games in a fantasy league. As far as I know, there is no way of doing it because our rosters are tied to league games ONLY. Therefore, unless someone comes up with some better idea, we need a rule change.

1) Our playoffs can only be through Sportsconnect league games. That means a best of 3 for the top two teams in each division (4 teams)

2) We abandon all rainout rules for dropped games. Whatever random team Sportsconnect gives the win to in a dropped game is the official result of the game. We need to do that because our standings cannot be different that Sportsconnect's standings if Sportsconnect controls the playoffs. Sportsconnect is in control of the calendar.

The only other option I can see is to abandon the league, which I can't do for 4 weeks because the league is now active and I need that long to resolve out all the games. If thats the case, we might as well play them and try to have fun with it.

So go ahead and vote. I'll ask Jones and smitty to sit this one out since its so unique to Season Three. I need a majority of 5 of 8 votes, or 3 of 5 votes in a quorum that I will keep open unitl Saturday January 16 at 10pm. I hope everyone participates in this vote though.

Sorry, my friends. This isn't what I exepcted or wanted. Lets make the best of it. Sportsconnect really wins this one.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure   SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:38 am

its heartbreaking to lose a dropped gm. These guys behind sportsconnect know nothing about baseball. It can only work if we are in charge. I assure you this issue will be seen again and again therefore nagging many of us out. Vote for democracy, vote for the people!!!! I can wait for MLB 10....
Back to top Go down
head5745

PostSubject: Re: SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure   SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 10:33 am

It sucks, but I really just wanna play. Let's go through with it.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure   SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:19 pm

Ooops, smitty voted. Ok, lets change it to a 10 person vote and add smiity and jones. Majority is 6. Quorum is 4 of 6 ending at 10pm tonight.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: my bad   SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm

my bad guys i thought i could vote sorry fellas No
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure   SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:54 pm

No problem, brother. I probably should have included you to begin with. My bad.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure   SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 12:01 am

We have a quorum. Voting is closed. Rules regarding rainouts and playoff structures are changed. Wins in dropped games will be awarded to the team as determined by Sportsconnect. All playoffs are now a best of 3 rather than a best of 7.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure   SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEASON THREE: Rainout rules and playoff structure
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phoenix League - MLB The Show :: ARCHIVE :: SEASON THREE :: FOUNDER'S CLUB/VOTING-
Jump to: