The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember

Go down 
+5
REDSOXNATION22
omgsmitty
nyynygnyknjd
damilkmanpart2
mikeda1940
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Empty
PostSubject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:10 pm

Just wanted to post down a few key issues to keep in mind as the season starts. This is to introduce these points to our new members and to remind our older members.

1) Post your rotation BEFORE you start the season in our "Rotation and Starting Lineup" Forum. You don't have to keep the same order that Sportsconnect gives you but, barring injury, you are keeping your same rotation for the whole year. So choose carefully.

2) Make sure you keep to your 1-5 rotation throughout the season. By majority vote, the League has agreed to keep a strict 1-5 rotation. Each series is labeled with the exact rotation you should use. So Series 1 uses Pitchers 1-2-3. Series 2 uses 4-5-1. Variations in your rotation is grounds for finding yourself before the Bootum Council.

3) Don't be afraid to use the Bootum Council. The Council is there to prevent built up of frustration. You don't alway have to win a penalty to make a point against another player. If you think you are being unfairly, don't just complain, bring the issue to your peers.

4) Schedule games in the "Schedule a Game" Forum. Keep your attempts to play as PUBLIC as possible, so I know how best to resolve games.

5) WINNER OF GAME posts game summary and results in the "Game Results" Forum. I don't care if you want to type it out or copy and download a screen shot. Just somehow, the winner should get a record of the game onto the web page so we have a permanent record.

6) All players are invited, but not required, to keep stats. I'm suspecting that I can keep most all stats all by myself by downloading screenshots of Sportsconnect's record. The only stat we should need to keep ourselves is Player of the Game. If you want to keep your player's POG record, post in the "Player of the Game" Forum the name of the player so I can enter it on the Leaderboard.

7) Read and understand Rainout Rules. The League does not exist on Sportsconnect. It exists ONLY on this web page. Therefore, a dropped game that awards a win to a team in the Sportsconnect standings does not mean that win will necessarily be officially recognized. RAINOUT RULES applies.

If the game is not an official game (less than 5 innings or tied at drop) then the game DOES NOT COUNT and should be played over in EXHIBITION MODE WITH LEAGUE SETTINGS. INJURED PLAYERS SHOULD NOT BE PLAYED EVEN IF THEY ARE AVAILABLE IN THE EXHIBITION GAME. Try to keep as close to League Roster as you can.

If the game is official, you may still have to play the remainder of the Series as in Exhibition Mode, and I will resolve the League games as best as I can to reflect the official web standings regardless of who got the Sportsconnect win.

If all this sounds confusing, and you're not sure how to acheive this, ASK BEFORE YOU PLAY!

8 ) Don't forget our new "Inactive Player" rule that AUTOMATICALLY drops players if more than 40% of their games get resolved after Series 5. I'll try to issue warnings if you are getting close.

9) Most important, and more important than winning, HAVE FUN. Nobody is making any money off this, nobody's future is on the line for losing. If you are not having fun, there is NO point in playing this game. We have a fantastic group here that KNOW we can rely on each other. We have each other's back even as we compete. The memories we are creating here, win or lose, should last you the rest of your life. ENJOY!!

Good luck, Gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 9:27 pm

No FAST PITCHING!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nyynygnyknjd

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:18 am

Really quick question here. Are there any consequences for using the early steal, or is it fair game? I know a lot of people don't like it but I use it so I wanted to know before this thing gets fired up.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:20 am

I have no objection to it, especially since I have a long history of picking people off. I don't do a lot of things well in this game, but I usually can handle most baserunners. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: quick steal   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:36 am

Honestly im not a big fan of the quick steal, that's just me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:38 am

Yeah, but there is nothing technically illegal about it. And its easy to defend against with practice.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:31 am

My problem with the early steal is that the only way to really effectively stop it is by waiting and stepping off, but anyone who really knows how to early steal can usually get back which creates this cat and mouse game that usually makes the game much longer. You could keep throwing back to first or pitch out. Constantly throwing back to first almost always guarantees a ball in the stands and you can only pitch out 3 times. I guess like anything else use it in moderation, too much of anything is a bad thing. I won't be using it at all, I think it's kind of cheesy.
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Just remember the huge fuss the last time this issue came up. Hate to see that happen again in the middle of the season.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 12:14 pm

Remember, this year you can step off at ANY time. Last year, if you were commited to a pitch, you were stuck.
Back to top Go down
willdog26

willdog26

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:17 pm

an early/delayed steal should really only be used when runners are one first and third with less than one out and you need to score that run via the guy on first initiating a pickle. other than that any base stealer that has any descent speed should be able to take it a bag on first movement.

thats my two cents worth cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/willdog26forlife?feature=mhw4
nyynygnyknjd

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Well I only use it when people aren't paying attention to the baserunners, so I don't think its cheese in that aspect. My thing is, its easy to defend if you are paying attention, varying the time from when you pick your pitch to starting your delivery, stepping off, etc.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 2:28 pm

Exactly. I actually enjoy watching the other player outthink himself and kill a rally.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 4:58 pm

I've played with people who were so ridiculous with it that it made the game about everything other than baseball. I don't have a big problem with it. As a player you know when you've ceased playing the baseball game and started playing the video game. Let's just keep it real.
Back to top Go down
head5745

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:06 pm

mikeda1940 wrote:
Exactly. I actually enjoy watching the other player outthink himself and kill a rally.

I do that WAY too much!
Back to top Go down
nyynygnyknjd

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:00 am

mikeda1940 wrote:

I almost did that the other night. I got on with granderson down by 1 top 9th and I thought I had my opponent timed and tried the steal and got picked off. Luckily the next batter, Teixeira went yard and tied the game and I won in the 10th.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 3:42 pm

A reminder for everone to post the rotation they will stick with the rest of the year BEFORE you play your first game. We will discuss how to handle injuries within your rotation later.
Back to top Go down
PointShaver

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 4:37 pm

damilkmanpart2 wrote:
No FAST PITCHING!!!!!

That's all I care about. Game is so much better when your opponent pauses for a few seconds when there are runners on base. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:07 pm

Quick pitching IS illegal because, unlike early stealing, it DOESN'T exist in the real life game. A quick pitch is a balk, and there is no balk rule in The Show. Thats the difference.
Back to top Go down
willdog26

willdog26

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:39 pm

Quick question regarding a pitchers energy and the designated rotations for each series regarding flex schedule.

I know we are not to use flex unless necessary, however, are we going to be okay if we throw a different arm if the arm that was scheduled may have pitched the game before and his energy is too low? Just seeking some clarification in case this happens during the season.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/willdog26forlife?feature=mhw4
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:45 pm

Thats a very good question and, to be honest, I haven't considered yet. I'll have to see how rotations work during the season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember   ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCEMENT: Things to Remember
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phoenix League - MLB The Show :: ARCHIVE :: SEASON FOUR :: ANNOUNCEMENTS/LEAGUE NEWS-
Jump to: