The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd) v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nyynygnyknjd

Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd)  v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22) Empty
PostSubject: Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd) v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22)   Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd)  v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 12:19 am

Game 1: TEX 8, BOS 1

Texas' bats stay hot as they take game one of a 3 game set from the Boston Red Sox. The Rangers proved that they don't need the big fly to put runs on the board, lighting up Boston pitching for 17 hits. The scoring started in the top of the 1st when Julio Borbon led the game off with a single and stole second. A Michael Young single moved Borbon to third, and a ground ball brought Borbon in to score. Texas had to manufacture their second run as well, but after that they just started pounding the ball all over the yard. Borbon, Nelly Cruz, and Vlad Guerrero were the only Rangers with extra base hits.

Tommy Hunter shut down the Red Sox offense giving up just one run on six hits and striking out 6 over 7 innings of work. He should have won player of the game, but Borbon's 4 hit performance was enough to bring home the honor.

On the game, Ron Washington said "Cocaine is a hell of a drug."
Back to top Go down
nyynygnyknjd

PostSubject: Re: Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd) v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22)   Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd)  v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 2:52 am

Game 2: TEX 7, BOS 8

Rangers drop a heartbreaker in Boston tonight, losing on a walk-off single in the 9th. Boston took an early 1-0 lead in the first inning which stuck until the 4th when Texas hit up Dice-K for 4 runs, and kept the lead until the late innings when the Red Sox rallied back in the 7th and 9th innings highlighted by an Adrian Beltre home run and Mike Lowell's game tying 2 run homer in the bottom of the 9th off of Frank Fransisco, who was brought in in the 8th inning because Ron Washington forgot what inning it was.

Derek Holland left the game in the 5th inning after taking a line drive off of his left shin, but his injury was listed as an inflamed shoulder. His status is day-to-day.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd)  v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:42 am

Hey NYY..., thanks for posting the results of game 2 and the POG. Just so you know you don't have to do that, the winner is supposed to. But thank you, you saved me a little time today.
Back to top Go down
nyynygnyknjd

PostSubject: Re: Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd) v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22)   Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd)  v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 1:15 pm

Not a problem man. I kind of enjoy writing a recap of the games anyway.
Back to top Go down
nyynygnyknjd

PostSubject: Re: Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd) v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22)   Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd)  v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Game 3: TEX 14, BOS 12

Texas started the game off with a bang with a 8 run top of the first, but Boston answered right back making it 9-7 after 2 innings. That's as close as the Red Sox would get all game as they fall 14-12. There's not really much to be said here, just two potent offenses battling it out to the end.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd)  v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:48 pm

That last sentence is parly true. In my opinion the real story is that they made TS10 WAY too easy to hit. It's really kind of a joke. I think NYY... had like 20 hits and I had like 15, something like that. Anything even remotely close to the strike zone was crushed. Much props to NYY..., homie plays the game right.
Back to top Go down
nyynygnyknjd

PostSubject: Re: Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd) v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22)   Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd)  v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 9:51 pm

That was a very competitive series. Looking forward to meeting you again later on in the season. Thanks for the props dude I just get carried away with pitching when runners are on or if I give up a few runs. That one super quick pitch to Cameron was because I was trying to pick fastball and the game didn't recognize it right away so I kept mashing X.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd) v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22)   Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd)  v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Series #2 Rangers (nyynygnyknjd) v Red Sox (REDSOXNATION22)
Page 1 of 1