The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

Series 3: Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jones508

Jones508

Series 3:  Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22) Empty
PostSubject: Series 3: Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22)   Series 3:  Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 12:08 am

GAME 1

TB 4 9 1
CLE 0 11 1

W: Shields
L: Carmona
S: Percival

This was a great game, the first time i've ever played the nation. Neither of us could get anything going early, just random hits here and there. I had only a 1 run lead thru the 8th, and got out of a runners at the corners with no outs jam. Finally I was able to get 3 insurance runs in the 9th to close it out. We both had some costly mistakes in the game but it was fun. DP's were the story of this one.

Can't wait till game 2.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   Series 3:  Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 9:50 am

Great game Jones. DP's definitely the story aside from a awful defensive play by Cabrera and just novice baserunning on my part in the eigth. Big Game James had me off balance the entire game. Good pitching.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: Game 2 Series 3   Series 3:  Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 10:44 am

Game 2

Rays 4 10 0
Indians 10 14 0

Starters
Matt Garza LP
Carl Pavano
Rafael Betancourt WP

Unlike game 1 of the series, this game had plenty of fireworks. In the top of the 4th Pat Burrell got things started w/ a solo HR making the score 1-0 Rays. In the top of the 5th a Bartlett single followed by a stolen base and two errors allowed Bartlett to score making the Rays lead 2-0. In the bottom of the 5th the Indians answered back when Sun Soo-Choo reaches 1st on a dropped 3rd strike. Shoppach would homer to even things up at 2-2. In the same inning Ben Francisco hit a double, Cabrera was HBP, and a DeRosa single would bring in another run making it a 3-2 game in favor of the Indians. In the top of the 6th however, the Rays would answer right back with a Matt Joyce single a Gabe Gross HR giving the lead right back to the Rays at 4-3. In the bottom of the 7th the Indians would put the game away with what seemed like an inning that would not end. Haffner singled, Perralta doubled, and Sun Soo-Choo hit a sac fly to tie the game at 4-4. After Shoppach and Francisco both single to bring in another run, Sizemore walks to load the bases. Mark Derosa then unloads them with a GRAND SLAM! making the score 9-4. The Indians would add another run with singles by Martinez, Haffner and an RBI double by Perralta. That would be all the scoring in this one with a final of 10-4.

Player of the game - Mark DeRosa 5AB 1R 4H 5RBI 02B 03B 1HR

Jones is a great pitcher, I think Garza just hit a wall. I thought I was going to get shut out for the second straight game. Great game bro
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: Series 3: Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22)   Series 3:  Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:08 pm

boof. I was cruising right along again and then at the snap of a finger it all just fell apart haha. Just when I finally was starting to figure out what you were trying to do to me on the mound too....in 1 inning the game is out of reach. Congrats bro. First granny I've given up.

Looking forward to the rubber game.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   Series 3:  Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:07 pm

No doubt bro, you got skill. Looking forward to game three. Hopefully today?
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: Series 3: Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22)   Series 3:  Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 8:57 pm

hey I'll be on at like 830-900pm tonight.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: Game 3 Series 3   Series 3:  Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:08 am

Game 3

Rays 2 4 1
Indians 11 20 1

Starters
Andy Sonnanstine LP
Scott Lewis WP

In the top of the 1st Iwamura hit a double and moved over to 3rd on a ground ball. He was eventually brought in with an Evan Longoria sac fly to make the score 1-0. The Indians would get it right back on a double by Grady Sizemore and a two run shot by Mark DeRosa to take the lead at 2-1. The Rays however would reclaim the lead in the top of the 4th when Pat Burrel walked and later in the inning was brought home on a Navarro single to notch things up at 2-2. The Indians would continue this "see-saw" game in the bottom of the 4th when Martinez doubled and Haffner singled to put runners on 1st and 3rd. Martinez would eventually score on a Jonny Perralta ground out/fielder's choice to make the score 3-2. In the bottom of the 6th the Indians would pull away for good when Perralta and Sun Soo-Choo both reach base on singles. Francisco would also reach base on an error allowing Perralta to score from 3rd base. Cabrera would single scoring 2 runs and Sizemore would follow that with a 2 run HR to make the score 8-2. In the bottom of the 7th the Indians would tack on another run when Perralta doubled and Shoppach singled him in to make the score now 9-2. They weren't done yet as in the 8th 2 more runs would come across to score when Sizmore hit a triple to complete the cycle and DeRosa singled him in. Haffner would add one more run singling in Martinez who walked to get on base.

Player of the game - Grady Sizemore 5AB 3R 4H 2RBI 12B 13B 1HR (hit for the cycle)

GG Jones, I'm sure I'll run into you later in the season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Series 3: Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22)   Series 3:  Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Series 3: Rays(Jones) @ Indians(redsoxnation22)
Page 1 of 1