The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

MLB Ballparks

Go down 
+11
Jones508
ikkygooeysticky
mikeda1940
BeamerCA
head5745
BA-ZERK
Hulkisready5
BizzyBone
REDSOXNATION22
Leokillz
PlatanoRich
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Hey Guys,

I wanted to get your input on your favorite ballparks you have been to, and any tips on things to see or do... I usually try to get to a game or two when I'm on the road for business ... thanks

my list:

1) PNC, Pittsburg.... Got to a game last year and its just a great place. Food is good, views are incredible with the skyline and tix are cheap. People are friendly.....got out to the city but there isn't much to do unless its the weekend ....

2) Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia... I live about 40m from the ballpark and get to it about a dozen times or so... food is good, seating is reasonable and most people are OK (I often wear different jerseys to a game and beyond a bit of ribbing never had a problem, even at last years playoffs) Ton of stuff to do in the city, ballpark is not that close to the city... great place to eat and see is the Reading Terminal next to the convention center

3) Oriole Park at Camden Yards, Baltimore... Again, i live about an hour away so I gt to it pretty often. Just a cool place, fans are friendly, food is OK (beyond the BBQ by the warehouse nothing that outstanding ) Tix are reasonable, except when the Yanks or Redsox come to town. The Harbor is a great place to hangout before or after the game.... but nothing beats seeing a game in the afternoon when the sunset hits the wherehouse....

4) Dodger Stadium, L.A. .... Sentimental favorite (I lived 5m away as a kid) I try to fly out there at least once a year... Its still a beautiful ballpark, try a grilled dodger dog. Don't seat in the outfield bleachers if you go with your kids or family.... tix are a bit high and I don't like the fact that you cant walk around to other sections. Go to Tommy's chili burgers or Pinks hot dogs after the game if you haven't had your fill of junk food, they may take a couple of years off your life, but so worth it...

5) Chase Field, Arizona... Got out there last year and its a nice place (roof was closed) great food and most people are very friendly. I personally don't like the swimming pool in the outfield, but its has great sightliness. Tix are priced mid range (jump dramatically if you want to seat up close) City is dead, nothing to do...

6) Nationals Park, Washington... I'm usually in DC every month or so.... Very nice place, food is good, seats are cheap, parking is horrible take the train or cab if you can....

7) Angel Stadium, Anaheim.... Just did not like it... horrible food, bad location and ignorant fans (at least the section I was seating at)

Cool New Yankee Stadium... got tix for 5/2, cant wait to see it.. tix prices are ridiculous !!!!

Old Yankee Stadium and Shea are gone... Shea just stunk and old Yankee Stadium was cramped, stunk like urine and most fans are just a pain in the ass (harmless, but annoying ) but you could just feel the history in the place

I want to get to Boston, Detroit and Cincinnati this year.... any tips?????
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 6:15 pm

wow, I'm surprised U missed out on Shea Stadium ( You didn't miss much ) {well lets be honest it was horrible}
but it was the home of my team; yes I'm a Mets fan, and loved going to Shea. I can't wait to go to Citi Field ( I'm waiting for the weather to get warmer ) so I can see what a new ballpark feels like.

I've also been to Old Yankees Stadium A few times. I don't know if I'm going to be able to afford new Yankees Stadium; but hey I guess anybody can afford bleachers seats right?.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: YO!   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 7:11 pm

FENWAY PARK! Greatest park in the world. If you've been there then you agree. If you havn't then there's nothing I can say to help you understand, you just have to go. The tickets are overpriced, seats are uncomfortable as hell, beers cost too much, but the aesthetic is matched by no other. It's in the air, trust me there's nothing like it.
Back to top Go down
BizzyBone

BizzyBone

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Citizens Bank Park: After a Phillies win head to Genos (My choice) or Pats for some cheesesteaks. Remember if you get anything but wiz you look like a fool even though they offer it. If you eat at the park Ricks is the place (Long line) or Crab Fries (also long line). Citizens Bank Park is a great place to go as long as you cheer for the Phils. Ticket prices are good.

I want to go to Camden Yards hopefully sometime over the summer
Back to top Go down
Hulkisready5

Hulkisready5

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:34 am

Damn plantano what were you on a world tour or something. I live in the bronx so I see it all the time (mostly at the bars) but it looks great. Got subway series tix coming cant wait.
Back to top Go down
Hulkisready5

Hulkisready5

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 12:37 am

Oh yeah I want to go to ebbets (did I spell that right) field, I mean citi field (no met colors) and take milky but he has to ask for permission.
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 am

I did go to Shea (lived in NYC for 4 years) and it did stink... I do want to go to Fenway, anybody I have talked to that has been to Fenway has nothing but great things to say about it...... (good tix are hard to get or crazy expensive)

I'm in no rush to see Citified, I do think its sad to hear they spent all this money to pay homage to J. Robinson (which he deserves ) and Ebbets Field..... but no team colors or honors to their own history or players???? weird....
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:42 am

MLB Ballparks 08091812
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:48 am

MLB Ballparks 08091814

MLB Ballparks 08091813
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:51 am

MLB Ballparks 08052412

MLB Ballparks 08052411

MLB Ballparks 08052410
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:55 am

MLB Ballparks 08082711

MLB Ballparks 08082710

MLB Ballparks 08051010

MLB Ballparks 08051910
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:58 am

MLB Ballparks 08082210

MLB Ballparks 08082211

MLB Ballparks 08101010
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:01 am

MLB Ballparks 08041810

MLB Ballparks 08041811

MLB Ballparks 08041812
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:06 am

MLB Ballparks 07092910

MLB Ballparks 07093010

MLB Ballparks 07092610
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:08 am

MLB Ballparks 07092310

MLB Ballparks 07092311

MLB Ballparks 07092312
Back to top Go down
Hulkisready5

Hulkisready5

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:57 am

This guy is a rock star!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BA-ZERK

BA-ZERK

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:16 am

Damn......Ive only been to Dodger Stadium back when Darryl Strawberry was all COKED UP.... affraid
Back to top Go down
head5745

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:58 am

I've been to old County Stadium in Milwaukee and Miller Park several times. I was to Wrigley once about 3 years ago, and was to Camden Yards about 8 years ago. Miller Park and Camden Yards were great places. Wrigley was special for a while just because it was Wrigley, but by the 4th inning when the aura wore down and the Cubs jumped ahead, I came to the reality that the place is a dump.
Back to top Go down
BeamerCA

BeamerCA

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:01 am

I must confess that I have not been to a ballgame in about 15 years. The last game I attended was a Tigers Oakland matchup at the old Tigers Stadium. In my oppinion, one of the nicest old parks. Yes there was obstucted viewing( only a handfull behind the upperdeck supports.) The rest of the seats made you feel like you were on top of the field. They were so close. I also had the (dis)please of attending a game in Montreal at the BIG O. Aside from the first 20 rows or so, you had to sit on cold cement seats. On the plus side, you would exit the subway and walk 30 feet to the entrance to the stadium. You could also bring in your own beverages. The new Tigers park looks nice but not as good on the viewing side.
I remember seeing Griffey Jr. in his rookie year there. I saw Regie put more than a few out of the park there.

Does anyone know who hit the most balls completely out of the park ( mostly to left field) at the old Tiger Stadium?
Back to top Go down
BeamerCA

BeamerCA

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:03 am

Ruppert Jones, affectionately called "ROOFER Jones", because of the over the roof shots he had.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:29 pm

Wow, You most make a good amount of $$, I noticed that most of the times You get great tickets. NICE!!
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:33 pm

poor quality cuz pic were taken with my phone, on the 2nd to last game at Shea.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:53 pm

I'm sorry, I'm sure Citifield is nice and will love it when I go someday, but I miss Shea.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 4:57 pm

[quote="BA-ZERK"]Damn......Ive only been to Dodger Stadium back when Darryl Strawberry was all COKED UP.... quote] Razz ....hilarious!!!!

Old Tiger stadium one I had always wanted to visit.... I hear the new places in Cincinnati and St Louis are very nice..

Shea wasn't the worse (Old Veterans Stadium in Philly was terrible) but the surroundings are awful. I remember making a wrong turn in to that chop-shop city...WOW affraid ... I have been to slums in Brazil and Nicaragua, that place in Queens is worse (incredible to visit!!!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MLB Ballparks Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLB Ballparks   MLB Ballparks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MLB Ballparks
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phoenix League - MLB The Show :: THE DUGOUT :: MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL-
Jump to: