The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?

Go down 
+2
damilkmanpart2
mikeda1940
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Empty
PostSubject: The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Anyone ever hear of this kid? Bryce Harper?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Bryce-Harper-punches-his-ticket-to-Cooperstown-a?urn=mlb,167844

570 foot homeruns? At 16?

Mama mia!
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 1:52 pm

WOW Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
head5745

PostSubject: Re: The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:04 pm

Just watched some video on him yesterday. Amazing power. I read somewhere that is family is trying to find a way to get him into pro ball ASAP rather than have him take IBBs for 2 more years of HS.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 4:06 pm

Yeah, get him his first MLB check before some kid with braces and pimples throws at his head.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:47 pm

Read the Sports Illustrated article on him, it's pretty good. I think I would put a few past him in high school tho, no bull<EDIT>

ADMIN EDIT: Language.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:21 am

And now he's been drafted first overall by the Nationals.

Why oh why couldn't the Mets have been WORSE last year? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nyynygnyknjd

PostSubject: Re: The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:14 pm

How could they have been worse than they were last year? Just sayin...
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 2:21 pm

By not finishing dead last, they actually finished worse off than if they did!
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:56 pm

Here's a cool story about Harper. He was on a traveling baseball team when he was twelve or so and was on a weekend trip to play in some tournament. He called home and his mom asked him how he was playing. He said that he was playing well and that the trip was going well, that was all he said. When the coach called his mom, he asked her if her son had told her what happened and she said that he told her he played well but that was all. The coach told her that her son was 12 for 12 with 11 homeruns and a double. LOL WTF!
Back to top Go down
nyynygnyknjd

PostSubject: Re: The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 5:22 pm

12-12 with 11 HR. That's all? I hope for the sake of this kid that he lives up to the hype because he's got a lot riding on his shoulders (and his bat).
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:31 pm

Yeah! I had a chic riding my shoulders last night, but that's neither here or there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
elgordo215

elgordo215

PostSubject: Re: The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 1:41 am

now the Nats have a battery of Strasburg and Harper set for the next 15 years, lets see if they can build around these kids and become competitive, hopefully Wang comes back healthy for them and they trade for Oswalt....as a yankke fan and the spoiled one that i am , lol i am tired of seeing the nats/expos so terrible year in and year out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?   The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The New Phenom -or- Why Can't My RTTS Guy Hit Like This?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phoenix League - MLB The Show :: THE DUGOUT :: MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL-
Jump to: