The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Empty
PostSubject: DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Tuesday June 16 at 9pm through Sunday June 21 at 9pm

Game 1 - Indians 7, Rays 5 FINAL (11)
Game 2 - Indians 10, Rays 4 FINAL
Game 3 - Indians 8, Rays 3 FINAL

Indians win series 3-0

All games to be played in EXHIBITION Mode. HOME TEAM CHALLENGES.

Use correct settings:

Difficulty: Veteran
Pitching: Meter
Baserunning: New
Guess Pitch: OFF
Strike Zone: OFF
Hot Zones: OFF
Fastplay: ON

NO RAINOUTS!!!

POST ALL GAME RESULTS IN THIS THREAD

Last edited by mikeda1940 on Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:33 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 11:23 pm

Edited closing time from 8pm to 9pm.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:03 pm

RSN AND JONES:

Don't forget, the RAYS start this series with their NUMBER 2 starter. The Indians start with their NUMBER 1.

Just to confusing things even further. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 9:39 am

Game 1

Indians 7 16 0
Rays 5 8 1

Starters
Cliff Lee
James Shields

Jensen Lewis WP
J.P. Howell LP

This game was nothing short of a classic. The Indians got off to a booming start in the 2nd inning when Victor Martinez hit a GRAND SLAM! into the right field seats to give them a 4-0 advantage. Mark Derosa would add to that lead in the 4th when he hit a solo HR to give the Indians a 5-0 lead. The Rays would get that run right back in the bottom of the 4th when a single hit by Pena was misplayed by Trevor Crowe allowing a run to come in from 2nd base to make the score 5-1. Things remained pretty quiet until the Rays made some noise in the 8th when Crawford uncorked a 3 run shot to make it a 5-4 Indians lead. The game was all but over when with 2 outs and no one on, Ben Zobrist hit a solo shot to left field to tie the game. Tropicana almost exploded. That exhilaration was short lived though because in the top of the 11th Ryan Garko hit a 2 run HR to put the game away and give the Indians a 1-0 lead in the playoff series. Without a doubt, one of the most exciting games I've played in. Jones could of mailed it in the rest of the way but he fought hard and made it a classic. This series is going to be a battle.

Player of the game - Victor Martinez 5AB 1R 2H 4RBI 02B 03B 1HR
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Awesome game man. I was getting squeezed early. Had a throwing error for no reason at all, couldn't throw a damn strike for some reason, usually I pitch well with Shields. He was a mess, no movement on the cutter, even hitting batters. I'd aim inside, it would go outside and vice-versa. I really paid for it in the 2nd inning. After that I just got frustrated, said to myself: "F it, I'm just going to throw strikes, the game's already over who cares if he hits it in the gap" Turns out that's what kept me in the game. Later on I got lucky, saw a couple pitches over the middle, and boom, 1 run game. Looking forward to gm 2 bro. Hopefully I can stay out of those big innings, they're killing me.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: Game 2   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:21 pm

Game 2

Indians 10 16 0
Rays 4 10 0

Starters
Tomo Ohka WP
Matt Garza LP
Luis Vizcaino SV

The Indians started out early in this one scoring 4 runs in the first inning off of an RBI single by Travis Haffner, a 2RBI DB by Ryan Garko, and an RBI single by Shin Soo-Shoo to make the game 4-0. In the 2nd Travis Haffner drove in another run with his 2nd triple of the series to make the game 5-0. In the 5th the Rays scored their first run of the game off of an RBI single by Dioner Navarro. In the 6th the Rays scored too more runs off of a Longoria HR, who previously in the at bat missed a fat slider but did not miss the second one, and and RBI single by Gabe Gross. In the 7th the Indians tacked on another run with an RBI single by Haffner. In the 8th the Indians pulled away for good when RBI singles by Crowe and Carrol and an RBI DB by Mark DeRosa to make the game 9-3. Perralta would homer in the 9th and an RBI DB by Willy Aybar would make the final score 10-4.

The player of the game - Travis Haffner 5AB 1R 3H 3RBI 02B 13B 0HR
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:33 pm

What's with the injuries? Your guy left in the 1st when he was on base, and then Garza hurts his little shoulder in the 2nd?? That must be the side he carries his purse on...
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:36 pm

it was also revealed after the game that the Rays get paid by the swing. No
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: Game 3   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:54 pm

Game 3

Rays 3 10 1
Indians 8 16 0

Starters
Andy Sonnastine
David Huff - Mike, Sipp is no longer on my team so I started the pitcher they replaced him with.
Luis Vizcaino SV

The Rays started the scoring in this one in the 3rd with an RBI single by Longoria. The Indians answered right back in the bottom of the inning with an RBI by Francisco on a FC attempt at a double play, man at first was safe allowing the run to score making it a 1-1 game.. The Rays struck again in the 5th when Longora drove in two runs on a single that was misplayed by Shin Soo-Shoo and rolled all the way to the wall. The Indians answered right back howerever with an RBI DB by Shoo, Garko scored on a passed ball, and Perralta with a sac fly to the left fielder to make the score 4-3. The Indians would pull away for good in the 7th with a Martinez RBI single and a Haffner 3 RBI HR to make the final score 8-3.

Player of the game - Travis Haffner 5AB 1R 1H 3RBI 02B 03B 1HR

Great series Jones, I'll play you anytime. GO SOX!
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 7:23 pm

Congrats on the win.

Though the Rays may have had leads in gm 3, and showed flashes of greatness at times, they really had no chance whatsoever at any point during this series. I have no idea how they managed to pull out a win vs Cleveland in the reg. season, but hey that's baseball.

RSN, like I said earlier, you are EASILY the best hitter I've faced, league or otherwise. Without question. Good luck in the LCS. Cool

Now if anyone needs me I'll be playing Tiger...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0   DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIVISIONAL SERIES (STENGEL) - RAYS v. INDIANS - Indians win series 3-0
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phoenix League - MLB The Show :: ARCHIVE :: SEASON ONE :: PLAYOFFS AND AWARDS-
Jump to: