The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

Welcome to the Show!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

Welcome to the Show! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Show!   Welcome to the Show! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 9:50 pm

Hello Friends,

I hope you are enjoying your visit to our site. Feel free to take in this page and all this league has to offer. Baseball is a facinating game. It can attract all types, from the athlete to the statistician, the young to the old. For most, the dream of living the baseball life has always been just been a fantasy. What we hope to do with this league is to lose ourselves in that fantasy and imagine it real.

Technology has brought the realization of that dream right into our living rooms. Images can be created to bring you right into an exact replica of your favorite stadium. Instantaneous connections with other, far away strangers with similar interests as your own, some perhaps completely across the world. The fantasy of being a baseball player can now go beyond just watching and rooting for your team on TV. It is now possible to realistically play the game competitively until there is a winner or loser, using your physical and mental skills against real life competitors doing the same.

There is a reason the divisions of our league are named the "Stengel Division" and the "Berra Division". Casey Stengel and Yogi Berra are great historic baseball men, winners on and off the field, students of the game, who, in addition, had a quality beyond that of most traditional ball players. They are special, because THEY BROUGHT FUN AND JOY TO THE GAME AND THOSE AROUND THEM. That quality is also the aspiration and foundation of this league, and its members as well.

I hope we have created the "kind of league you were looking for". If you able to join us this season, I hope you jump at the chance. It won't come often. If you found us in the middle of the season, I hope you stick around. Our group has a common purpose and theme. Good fun and friends. You don't need to be a team owner to find that here. Please make yourself at home.

Sincerely,

mikeda1940 (Mike)
Commissioner

Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net

Welcome to the Show!
Page 1 of 1