The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi Empty
PostSubject: Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi   Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:07 am

What up fellas. As you may or may not know, YLW has won four of his last games via the game being dropped and and SC awarding him with the win. I don't think for one second that this is being done intentionally by YLW, but the truth of the matter is that his connection has been less than stellar to say the least, at least in my experiences with him and from what I've heard from some of the other players. YLW this is not shot at you I promise. My connection was a little shabby as well until I secured my internet network and is now running much smoother. I know a lot of it has to do with the servers at SC as well. With that being said, these next two games he has with Wichi are extremely significant to how the playoff picture will look, especially as to how it will effect me and we can't afford, or I can't afford, to have another game dropped and awarded to YLW, as that will decide the playoff teams.

My proposal is that one game be awarded to Wichi and the other game be played in exhibition mode or both of the next two games be played in exhibition mode and that Mike resolve it appropriately on SC. I just think it would be a shame to have a team in the playoffs strictly because the games are getting dropped and wins are being awarded to that one player, this will completely comprimise a season which has already had to deal with too many factors other than baseball.

Mike, guys, post what you think.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi   Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 11:57 am

We can't play our drafted lineups in exhibition mode. That has always been the reason we had to drop rainouts. We are a bit of a slave at Sportsconnect's mercy. AND, any correction we make to the games ourselves will be moot, because Sportsconnect is going to schedule the playoffs and the teams in the playoffs the way it sees fit.

Unfortunately, I don't see any way of correcting this other than letting Sportsconnect decisions be a glorified coin toss.

For what its worth, YLW (for all intents and purposes) WON the first two games of my series with him. He was way ahead in the late innings. I would have needed an unlikely comeback. My last game was tied in the 6th, but he was at bat when the game dropped. I don't know how Wichi's game went.

Sportsconnect does seem to give the game to the team in the "lead". It seems to always give the win to the team with the winning score when connection is lost. If the game is tied, it gives the win to the team at bat (not great, but essentially a coin flip)

Fair or not, we are all playing by the same rules right now. I don't see any other way around it.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
YouLightWork

YouLightWork

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi   Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:06 pm

The game with Wichi and I was tied in the 9th inning and dropped suddenly the same way it had done with us (Mike). Now if my connection caused the drop i would have been awarded the loss every time. I use a cable connection and never have issues with my online play, except for occasionally when i play this game. The last week or so it has been extremely difficult to get smooth games in, i dont know how anyone elses games are going.
Obviously im not doing anything shady, however putting myself in RSN shoes, I would be a bit aggravated myself, and honestly wouldnt wanna back into the playoffs that way.

So therefore i am offering to concede my final two games which should allow RSN to make the playoffs. I rather win it all with no controversy rather than go in and have questions surrounding my play.

In the mean time come March 2, i'll be ready to go
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi   Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:45 pm

I don't think its your connection YLW. I think its Sony putting more and more resources into MLB 10. Proven even further by the fact that Sportsconnect didn't specifically give you a disconnect. It was a system failure, in which Sportsconnect gives out wins in the way I discussed above.

I see no reason to concede games. Coin flips are unnatural to real life baseball, but legitimate part of online league play (just as "resolutions of games" by a commissioner. Can you imagine if Bud Selig tried it in real life?). As part of the Sony MLB 09 The Show experience, we are ALL playing by the same rules. We even VOTED and AGREED to play by these rules in a Founder's Club vote.

Dropped games are a glorifed coin flip. Its as if neither party could play and a coin flip is needed to resolve the game. YLW is on a winning streak as far as these flips. So be it. Just because these games are late in the year, should make no difference either. Games early in the year count just the same as late in the year.

Play the games as best you can.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 1:14 pm

I totally forgot about the draft teams we are playing with. You're absolutely right Mike, there's nothing we can do. And NO, I don't think you should concede any games YLW, I don't think it's your fault, I was just trying to think of a way to make it a little fairer. But Mike, one or two games throughout the year is a far cry from 4 straight games in the deciding games of the season. All the same, nothing we can do about it. I hope you didn't take this the wrong way YLW. I think your definitely on the up and up, and I would play you anytime, I just wanted to try and ensure this thing got decided by our skills. It is a little frustrating to watch, but I understand.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi   Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:27 pm

Although it is not yet updated in the official standings, YLW's magic number is 2. RSN's magic number is 4. There are 4 games of importance:

Game 2 - Red Sox v. Mets
Game 3 - Red Sox v. Mets

Game 2 - Yankees v. Mariners
Game 3 - Yankees v. Mariners

Do be honest with you, if the Yankees and Red Sox end in a tie, I DON'T KNOW how Sportsconnect will decide who goes into the playoffs. I doubt there were be a deciding game or deciding series. Most likely, its another random decision.

Sigh...
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:40 pm

I think they'll give it to YLW because he won the season series, that would only be right. The only way I would make the playoffs is if I sweep you Mike and Wichi wins the next two. Hopefully SC is nice and lets us decide the outcome.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi   Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 5:44 pm

I honestly don't think Sportsconnect is that smart to consider season series standings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi   Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Proposal for final two games between YLW and Wichi
Page 1 of 1