The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

Statistics and pitcher stamina

Go down 
+2
mikeda1940
REDSOXNATION22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

Statistics and pitcher stamina Empty
PostSubject: Statistics and pitcher stamina   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 10:24 am

Statistics - It's seems to me that the statistics that SC is keeping are going to be off. I don't know about the rest of you, but there are definitely some stats that are not getting tallied, a couple of David Ortiz HR's for example. A few other stats here and there I've noticed were not tallied as well. When the game doesn't register in the win/loss column the stats usually still do, which is okay. But sometimes they don't, and if this happens enough throughout the year, our stats are not going to be indicative of what actually happened in the games.

Pitcher stamina - I know we do not have to stick to the strict 5 man rotation anymore but I still do because it seems more realistic to me, just my personal choice. Yesterday I started Clay Bucholtz on his regular rest but his stamina was down because of the several games that Mike had to resolve before that one due to SC not recognizing them. I think my last four games had to be resolved actually. The games were resolved but the pitchers stamina stays the same as the last game that SC recognized on it's own, four games earlier. It's seems like SC thinks its only been one day since his last start. If this happens enough throughout the year, pitchers could go a long time without getting all of their stamina back rendering them pretty much useless.

Now maybe I'm getting my panties in a bunch for no reason and it will all work itself out, but I just don't have that kind of confidence in SC. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Statistics and pitcher stamina   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 1:45 pm

Stats - if someone volunteers to keep the stats manually, feel free to call a Founder's Club vote with your offer. Other than POG, I'm not willing to keep any stats myself, and SC is the next best thing.

Energy - you may have finally solved for me why Carmona is not back from injury yet. SC is waiting for 6 games to be played, and I've been resolving them because SC didn't record them. I was about thinking it was a bug because he was injured in a dropped game, and was about to play him injured to try to shake him loose, but that's probably the real reason.

I try to be as real to a 1-5 as well, but in the real world, pitchers arent ready when they should be, coaches go to 4 man rotations for a time, players get thrown in injured and cold.

Not defending SC (HELL NO!! Very Happy ), but I hope we have enough safeguards to go foward with a competitive and fair season, even if not PERFECT.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: Re: Statistics and pitcher stamina   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Fair enough
Back to top Go down
willdog26

willdog26

PostSubject: Re: Statistics and pitcher stamina   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 2:53 pm

I noticed this as well when playing RSN. In my example I threw Pavano in game 1 because it was his rotation spot. Then when we started game 2 I noticed Pavano had full energy, plus his previous stats were not registered from game 1. This I also noticed after game 1 I was disconnected from SC, perhaps that may play a role in stats and energy not being recorded? As for stat tracking I agree with Mike, SC is as close as we have. I guess there may need to be an introduction of asterisks in our stats leaders... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/willdog26forlife?feature=mhw4
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: Statistics and pitcher stamina   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Damn, Now I know why my order got all messed up. I don't know how I didn't think of this before... Anyways, what I do is pitch in order 1-5 but with the guy with the most energy. I think I'll have to throw in my Long reliever for next game so that everybody can get an extra day of rest.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:24 pm

Yeah that's a good idea, but it won't matter if SC continues to not recognize games. Sony WTF, I mean you only have a gazillion dollars.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: Re: Statistics and pitcher stamina   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 3:33 pm

i been using my rotation 1-5 bcuz i agree it just adds more REALISM to the season. I dont trust SC so i been keeping my TEAM STATS(hr,rbi's,pog,wins,saves,stolen bases)because i KNOW SC WILL MESS IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I been wondering why J. Shields (1-6 days) still is not ready,that happened the 1st game of the season but the game got dropped so i have no idea when he will be back from a 6 day injury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Statistics and pitcher stamina   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:06 pm

If you ever do run into a serious energy or injury situation, remember that you have a 40 man roster. Sometimes, someone needs to be called up.
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: Statistics and pitcher stamina   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Yea SC is a mess. Like yesterday I played Head in gm 1, it got d/c in the 4th. We couldn't replay the game in league b/c both of those starters were fatigued, and had to move to the next one.

What hurts me is that you often have no idea who you may be facing in a given game. For someone like me who has a tough time at the plate, I need that BP against upcoming pitchers. Really sucks.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Statistics and pitcher stamina   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 4:30 pm

There is one (well, 15 Very Happy ) reasons why I bought this game rather than sticking with 09 and playing offline.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Statistics and pitcher stamina   Statistics and pitcher stamina Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Statistics and pitcher stamina
Page 1 of 1