The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers

Go down 
+2
REDSOXNATION22
mikeda1940
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Empty
PostSubject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Nyynkgnyknjd has announced his retirment from the league and needs a new owner. Since the Tiger's season is over, elmamboking has agreed to take over the Tigers.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 9:58 am

Is there a reason that Elmamboking was given this opportunity instead of one of the remaining players in the Berra league? I'm sure there is, I'm just curious as to what it is.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:59 am

There is no precedent for another team, like say the Mariners, to jump up 15 wins and go to the playoffs. The team had to be either the Rangers or the Rays for our season to have meaning. Once nyy retired, the Rangers were ownerless. Once the season was over, elmamboking was teamless. Since elmamboking ended the season with the best record of all the remaining teamless owners, I asked him first.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:45 am

My only concern was with giving that opportunity to a player who came in toward the end of the season and was not even in the Berra division. Most of that record your talking about wasn't even his. Why weren't the Rays just given the playoff spot when NYY... pulled out? What if the Rangers win the playoff spot and knock off the Dodgers in the first round? We could possibly have a player win the World Series who didn't really deserve to be there, I'm not sure how fair that would be, these are just my thoughts. With that being said, you're absolutely right there is no precedent for this and your decisions are usually the right ones. And there's always the possibility that I'm looking at this ass backwards. I'd also like to add that my concern has nothing to do with Elmamboking as a player. He is very good and plays the game the way it's supposed to be played.
Back to top Go down
elmamboking

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:04 pm

I'm good with it either way Mike. If you need me, I'm here, if not...no biggie.

When does the next Season start? Now I have something to prove! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:07 pm

If elmaboking wins the World Series, he will have earned it, no? He would have to beat Leo and Wichi and you. He's not even guaranteed a playoff spot if he and smitty ever get together.

Perfect answer would be for all original owners to play 90 games plus playoffs, but we don't have that. I think a bye for Leo would have been just as unprecedented as a Mariner jump. The season says Rangers or Rays, and that is still what we are doing, no matter who is running them.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:08 pm

You are the owner of the Rangers, Mambo.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:20 pm

I guess there's no easy answer. I think I might have given the playoff spot to OMG when NYY... pulled out but that's just me. Now OMG has to play a completely different Rangers team than he's used to playing to get a playoff spot. No need to answer Mike, I get why you decided what you did. Let's get it on!
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:32 pm

One last response. I couldn't "give" the playoffs Rays, because they started Series 30 with the exact same record. I would have to give the Dodgers an undeserved loss to give them a better record.

I suppose I could have left the Rangers ownerless for the playoff game, but wouldn't you rather see a game played than resolved? Always been my philosophy. Eh.

Plus I have no guarantee that smitty will even be back. He's not here yet for this playoff game.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:35 pm

Oh, and, thanks again for the debate my friend. I always try to to be sure I can stand my argument against your counter before I make any decision. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
willdog26

willdog26

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:59 pm

not to mention smitty missed our game 3 in series 29, which was a crucial series for both of us. I am not thinking smitty is into this league anymore after my series 29 experience and watching him not play series 30 even after Leo was able to make time in his schedule to get those games played. Just my thoughts, I understand Mike's thinking in the regard that we as players are really considered owners of our perspective teams and yes we too are the players because we execute each pitch and at bat, so I understand your side of the coin as well RSN. I think Mike has made the correct decision as commish in hiring in essence Elmambo as the new Owner of the Rangers.

Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/willdog26forlife?feature=mhw4
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:42 pm

I have to agree with RSN on this subject; just to make something clear I have nothing against ElMamboKing, he is a great player and a tough competitor. But this idea never crossed my mind when U said U needed to fill a spot. I have to agree with RSN it should have been someone from Our own division. I don't want to undermine Ur authority Mike, and I understand that it has been a long season and We all want to just get it over with; but I think that this is something that should've just been put up for vote.
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 8:16 pm

What's going on now??? scratch
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 pm

Guys, sometiimes, the All Star Game ends in a tie...

Enjoy your playoffs...
Back to top Go down
willdog26

willdog26

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:21 pm

lol, I still get worked up over that dumb in 2003 Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/willdog26forlife?feature=mhw4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers   ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCEMENT: Nyynygnyknjd Has Retired - Elmamboking Takes Over Rangers
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phoenix League - MLB The Show :: ARCHIVE :: SEASON FOUR :: ANNOUNCEMENTS/LEAGUE NEWS-
Jump to: