The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure

Go down 
4 posters

Rainout Rule and Playoff Structure
Allow trades and have a 3 game playoff and no rainout rules
SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Vote_lcap33%SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Don't allow trading, and have a 7 game playoff and rainout rules, both played in exhibition mode and without injured players allowed.
SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Vote_lcap67%SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Vote_rcap
 67% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Empty
PostSubject: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 3:06 pm

NEW RULE: With the current voting standing as Established Teams and Rainout Rules applying, we need to figure out how we are going to handle the Rainout Rules and Playoff Structure. I have confirmed that, because of trade and injuries, the rosters will remain the same for the league all year. The League will not be affected by weekly updates.

What this means, however, is that the roster we have in League Play MIGHT be different than the roster we have in Exhibition Play depending on how we handle things. If so, we need to decide how we handle those differences.

As I see it, we have one of TWO CHOICES

1) Allow trades, but have a 3 game playoffs and no rainout rules
2) Don't allow trades, and have a 7 game exhibition playoff and rain out rules. (NOTE: We can keep injuries ON, but we need to have a gentleman's agreement not to play injured playoffs in our Rainout or Playoff exhibition games)

Which do you prefer?

This poll is to determine Rainout Rule and Playoff Structure as relating to trades and injuries.

Founder's Club Members ONLY please vote. There are 11 active members in the Founder's Club. A majority is a vote of 6 to any option. A quorum is a minimum of 6 votes to all options, and a majority of 4 to any one option. Quorum voting will be open until Tuesday, March 9 at 9pm.

All votes are final. Please vote NOW!
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:27 am

Guys, quorum voting on this issue ends Tuesday at 9pm. Right now, we don't have enough votes for a quorum.

If there is not enough votes for a quorum, there can be no rule change. LAST SEASONS rules regarding this issue will apply.

Last season we had NO TRADES and THREE GAME PLAYOFF SERIES. That seems to me to be the worse of all scenarios, but that is where we are headed unless we get some more votes.
Back to top Go down
head5745

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:34 am

I'm just a bit confused. Why are we limited to 3 game series if we have trades? Is that all SC allows?
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:47 am

Because its the same problem we had with last years draft season. Lets say I'm the Indians and I trade for Albert Pujols and Derek Jeter. I can only play those players with the Indians in LEAGUE games. If I try to play them as exhibition games, I'm only going to have the Indians real life players available. So the players that got you to the dance all of a sudden disappear.

We can deal with injuries, because all we have to do is agree not to play an injured player in an exhibition playoff series.

So, if we want trades, we need to play the playoffs by Sportsconnect's schedules. If we want a 7 game series, we need to play them as exhibition games, and only exhibition rosters are available.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Fellas, I think you should really take time to consider the two options. In my opinion, trades would be fun but being at the mercy of SC is not. Just think about how season 3 ended, two disconnects and we couldn't do a thing about it. I would much rather have the option of playing our games in exhibition mode if a game gets disconnected than have to stick with whatever SC decides. Disconnected games could really effect how the playoff picture looks and the results of the playoffs themselves. I would much rather get it right. Just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:34 pm

I agree with Red and take back my vote.... No trades and &*$@ SC!!!!1
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:36 pm

&*$@ SC!!!!1 indeed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 pm

HAHA u even included the 1 in that.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
head5745

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:29 pm

That sucks. I was really looking forward to trades. I'll have to get into another league, as well. See how it goes in there.

Let's play ball already!!!
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 9:08 pm

I've tried 2 other leagues already Head, and they have all been cancelled
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:15 pm

damilkmanpart2 wrote:
HAHA u even included the 1 in that.... Very Happy

See what I did thar!! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 11:04 pm

No trading, rainout rules and a 7 game exhibition playoff structure have been sucessfully voted into law. Voting is closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure   SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEASON FOUR: Rule Change - Rain Out Rule and Post Season Structure
Page 1 of 1