The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling Empty
PostSubject: ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling   ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Our strict rotation of 1-5, and jumping to the correct pitcher when we flex schedule doesn't work well with the new fatigue feature. If we pitch our number 1 in a series, and then jump to another series where our number 1 is scheduled to go again, he may be unavailable because he is fatigued.

We need to consider if we want to kill altogether (or be super careful with planning) our flex scheduling, have a revote on strict 1-5 and go with fatigue policing, or some other idea all together.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling   ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:01 am

Guys, after taking a closer look at the league and its structure now that its activate, I really think we should consider a revote on our rotation structure to let fatigue alone police owners. Heres why:

Flex scheduling is very difficult with a strict 1-5

We have a 40 man roster that can make for some interesting GM decision over the course of the season.

We simplify the issue of injuries greatly and don't have to always be on the watch.

In fact the ONLY big CON to using fatigue is that, you COULD have a situation were one team faces the same pitcher 3 times in a series. But that ONLY happens if you play Pitcher 1 in the first game of a series, flex schedule FOUR DIFFERENT GAMES, play pitcher 1 again in Game 2, flex schedule ANOTHER 4 games, then play game 3 with pitcher 1.

I think that possibilty is so remote that it simply isnt going to happen. Our history with flex schedule as a LEAGUE is NOT to flex schedule all that much. I have NEVER seen a flex sched pattern like that. And, even if I did, that pattern is impossible in the playoffs.

We would also need a gentlemens agreement to use the right pitcher (the one who is not fatigued) in rain out exhibition games. Then also agree to skip that now not fatigued pitcher for 4 games.

Before I call for a revote, let me get a sense from everyone, not just Founder's Club members, as to what you think. Did I miss any cons? Any pros?
Back to top Go down
willdog26

willdog26

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling   ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:49 am

I agree with you 100%, with the new sc features online, the rotation rules does need to be revisited and possibly amended.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/willdog26forlife?feature=mhw4
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling   ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:24 pm

No one else has an opinion?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling   ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ISSUE: Rotations and Flex Scheduling
Page 1 of 1