The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

Issue: Web Page Statistics

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

Issue: Web Page Statistics Empty
PostSubject: Issue: Web Page Statistics   Issue: Web Page Statistics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:07 am

Again, looking at the league now that its active, I think we made a mistake in our vote to keep only wins, saves and POG. We did that last season because I had to manually enter in all the information, and I didn't have the time to do so without any other help.

THIS season, Sportsconnect keeps a VERY detailed list of every statistic you can think of. Its downright WEIRD to only keep the random stats of those three, and no others. There's no logic to that.

I'm not suggesting everyone has to keep track of stats and post them to the board. What I'm suggesting is that I capture a screenshot of what is already on Sportsconnect and post them to the board for convienence and for permanent record. Its especially useful since there isn't a Sportsconnect web page that we could otherwise log into and see league information on the computer.

I suggest we abandon POG (which is not on SC), but expand the stats I keep on the web page, but do so only by way of screen capture with no action reqired by any other owner.

What are your thoughs, both Founder's Club members and those who are not. I want everyones' opinion before I call for a revote.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
PointShaver

PostSubject: Re: Issue: Web Page Statistics   Issue: Web Page Statistics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:36 am

Wow, I'm pretty new to the game and SportsConnect. Do you mean that the league online will keep all statistics of games played? I know the standings actually update accordingly when you play your series in order.

I'm just asking because I'm not really big on statistics. I actually could care less. I just wanna a play and will get real lazy when it comes to keeping track of stats.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Issue: Web Page Statistics   Issue: Web Page Statistics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:48 am

Yep, they set up the online league menu in the same way it is kept in offline franchise and season. Average, HRs, slugging percentage, ERA, you name it. SC will keep those stats whether I post on the page or not. Our vote prevents me from recording it here, however (except for wins and saves, POG is not kept online).
Back to top Go down
willdog26

willdog26

PostSubject: Re: Issue: Web Page Statistics   Issue: Web Page Statistics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:52 am

I like posting the POG, I think that's really fun to track those, kind of like webgems on ESPN. As for the rest of the stats, let SC keep track and maybe we can post final season stats of season leaders, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/willdog26forlife?feature=mhw4
PointShaver

PostSubject: Re: Issue: Web Page Statistics   Issue: Web Page Statistics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:52 am

mikeda1940 wrote:
Yep, they set up the online league menu in the same way it is kept in offline franchise and season. Average, HRs, slugging percentage, ERA, you name it. SC will keep those stats whether I post on the page or not. Our vote prevents me from recording it here, however (except for wins and saves, POG is not kept online).
[b]

I'm sorry, I'm a little retarded, What does POG stand for?

By the way, "News Flash", Washington Nationals are 0-1. cyclops
Back to top Go down
willdog26

willdog26

PostSubject: Re: Issue: Web Page Statistics   Issue: Web Page Statistics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:54 am

I think Player of the Game? I may be wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/willdog26forlife?feature=mhw4
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Issue: Web Page Statistics   Issue: Web Page Statistics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:55 am

Player of the Game, and I don't mind it being the one stat I continue to manually keep.
Back to top Go down
PointShaver

PostSubject: Re: Issue: Web Page Statistics   Issue: Web Page Statistics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 12:57 am

There probably wasn't a POG in my first game. No one deserved a POG in that game. pale
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: Issue: Web Page Statistics   Issue: Web Page Statistics Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:02 am

They announce a player of the game after every game. You can also view it as one of the menu options before you choose to exit the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Issue: Web Page Statistics   Issue: Web Page Statistics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Issue: Web Page Statistics
Page 1 of 1