The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

I call The Council against FreshNikes

Go down 
+4
mikeda1940
bbissette19
omgsmitty
Leokillz
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Leokillz

Leokillz

I call The Council against  FreshNikes Empty
PostSubject: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:22 pm

For Quikpitching and quitting the game, preventing me from getting my stats.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:35 pm

stats? not feeling you on that NOT IMPORTANT, but the QUICK PITCHING AND QUITTING is NOT good at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bbissette19

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 pm

Well, my two cents is this. I have played 4 games with Freshnikes and have not had one problem with him. If you two have an issue, that is cool but this is a friendly game and why cant it be treated that way. We are all grown men. Lets suck it up and play the game the way it should be played. That is it. My two cents is finished.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:39 pm

no, its cool I don't mind the stats that much. What really pisses me off is that this joke of a men wants to call me a cheater, for taking practice swings?
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

Accuser: Leokillz
Accused: Freshnikes

Act: Quick pitching and quitting game

Penalty: One loss for Freshnikes in next game.

Voting: All 16 members of the league must vote and the vote must be unanimous for the penalty to take effect.

Leo, before we actually start voting, why dont you give us more details about the situation. Then I would also like to hear Freshnikes side of the story as well.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:41 pm

I already did gave U the details on the game recap...
Back to top Go down
Freshnikes

Freshnikes

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Look man are u for real ....ur stats lol...mike I had a gd time i met some great ppl...on here and I wish them the best but I...don't have time for this this...I will be in the league for as long as you need me ...or until u find some1 else ....or whatever the rules say ....but Leo uses a cheap move where he checkswings 3 times in a row ...u don't have a choice then to pick ur pitch the game just picks fastball...I think that's cheap....he did it with every batter after the 3rd inning I don't know why he was already winning ...I told him about it and he got real mad he rejected my concede ...u get the stats if u accept my concede .so I just quit ...watch out for this cheap move practice swing 3 times n a row...
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:44 pm

don't see nothing wrong with practice swings... like I told U fool before, it only bothers ppl that are quikpitching if U take Ur time U will be fine. I don't care what U do. Go {EDIT} Urself if U choose to...

ADMIN EDIT: Language
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:45 pm

Leokillz wrote:
I already did gave U the details on the game recap...

Move them here so they are in one place.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:47 pm

Careful with the language. This is a "courtroom" and you will treat it as such. Make your arguments.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Freshnikes, are you saying you have a counterclaim against Leo?
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:48 pm

Quote :

Game 1

Tigers 0

Dodgers 4

My "Homeboy" decided to quit in the 4th inning claiming I was "glitching" by taking practice swings; I never heard that one before. I guess the problem was I was taking practice swings and preventing him from quikpitching, and that got him upset
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:54 pm

"Quickpitching" is specifically against the rules of this league. It is one of the acts that is specifically banned from this league because there is no counteract. In real life there would be a balk at a quick pitch, but there is no balk in the game.

What was this "check swing" act? I've never heard of this type of "glitch". Has anyone else?
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 pm

Leo, you say you were "checkswinging" to counteract the quickpitching. How?
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 7:59 pm

I never said I was checkswinging (He did) I was just taking practice swings before he pitched, this year on the show, U can't force the pitch U have to wait until the batter finishes his practice swing...
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:02 pm

It is true that, unlike last year, a "practice swing" will delay the pitch from the pitcher. There were a few times early on that I thought my controller was out of juice because I couldn't get my pitcher to through the pitch. Then I realized it was because the batter was warming up. As soon as he stopped, I was able to throw.

It is possible that Sony put this feature in to help pause quick pitching. If so, that would a proper use by Leo.

FN? Why do you think this was a glitch?
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:05 pm

I'll have to leave for now, but I'll be back later. In the meantime, I invite everyone into the conversation. You can even vote if you wish. One no vote closes the vote.

I'll be back later. I ask all parties to participate with dignity.
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:11 pm

Out of all the charges, quitting is the most serious. But then again if a player is losing the gm and decides to concede and give u the win, why not take him out of his misery... I'm pretty sure Fresh offered to forfeit... There is no league rule against conceding gms..

In regards to quick pitching I think Leo just thinks everybody but him quick pitches.. I've been accused on several occasions of quick pitching only when playing Leo.. Listen, my take on quick pitching is that as long as my pitcher makes a sudden and noticable stop, I am not required as a pitcher to watch u take ur swings...

Now I am aware of that move Fresh is talking about. Leo will quickly show bunt about 3 or 4 times or rapidly check his swing a couple of times when one is picking a pitch or even worse when the pitcher is in the wind up to throw the ball.. This can lead to a quick pitch or simply messes u up on the pitching meter making u throw a ball or a meatball. Honestly I have no problems with those tactics but somebody else might have an issue with this kind of play...

My take is no case against Fresh....
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:26 pm

mikeda1940 wrote:
It is true that, unlike last year, a "practice swing" will delay the pitch from the pitcher. There were a few times early on that I thought my controller was out of juice because I couldn't get my pitcher to through the pitch. Then I realized it was because the batter was warming up. As soon as he stopped, I was able to throw.

It is possible that Sony put this feature in to help pause quick pitching. If so, that would a proper use by Leo.

FN? Why do you think this was a glitch?
I don't think that is true... Sony did nothing against the quick pitch this year.. Fools online use the quick pitch all the time online. I've noticed that when you as the pitcher picks a pitch, the batter is not allowed to practice swing... But at the same time you can rapidly press the bunt button to throw the pitcher off while he is in his delivery... Again, nothing wrong with that in real life, just that the video gm does not give you a realistic approach in trying to control the pitching meter when that is done....
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:41 pm

Quote :
I'm pretty sure Fresh offered to forfeit... There is no league rule against conceding gms..

No specific rule, but it is looked down on, and I WILL consider it in resolving games. There is no mercy rule in baseball. For refernce, our series. together Milk. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:42 pm

Quote :
My take is no case against Fresh....

Is that a vote?
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:51 pm

mikeda1940 wrote:
Quote :
I'm pretty sure Fresh offered to forfeit... There is no league rule against conceding gms..

No specific rule, but it is looked down on, and I WILL consider it in resolving games. There is no mercy rule in baseball. For refernce, our series. together Milk. Very Happy
I don't think it is bad if someone OFFERS to concede. Bad is pulling out of the gm without some kind of chat.. No mercy rule in the majors bcuz just imagine if the Mets decided not to come out for the top of the sixth... Ohhh the headlines!!! But then again there is mercy rule in women's softball...

Conceding and quitting are way two different things....

Last edited by damilkmanpart2 on Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:52 pm

Men {EDIT} this I'n taking U all out of Ur misery and quit the league, I don't have time for this {EDIT}...

ADMIN EDIT: Language
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:53 pm

U know what I'm not quitting I'll keep playing but I don't wanna hear anybody crying about ANYTHING.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:55 pm

Close the Council. I vote NO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I call The Council against FreshNikes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next