The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

I call The Council against FreshNikes

Go down 
+4
mikeda1940
bbissette19
omgsmitty
Leokillz
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Hey Leo, I've told u before I have nothing against ur gameplay or tactics... But if ur going to bring a player into the council, we need to all be on the same page. Stop being so defensive already, nobody has anything against u... We just want a taste of that trophy u have... Now u know why Met fans hate the Yankees so much
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:00 pm

lol, {EDIT} You milkman...

ADMIN EDIT: Language - just because
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:02 pm

Yes Leo, thats it... love overcomes all evil...
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:03 pm

lmao, whatever that means...
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:04 pm

One more language issue and its going to be time to call out "el reprimido"

Fair warning
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Lock the damn thread already Mike lol, there's a NO vote already. By me.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:06 pm

Quote :
Close the Council. I vote NO

You don't get a vote. When I said 16 votes, I meant 14.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:15 pm

lol lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:16 pm

well Milkman said NO then. Lock it goddamnit.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:17 pm

My thoughts are that anything that doesn't happen in the real game shouldn't happen in our league. Pitchers don't pitch at a ridiculous rate and teams don't concede or quit in the middle of a game. Quiting or conceding early in games effects the league stats and could cost someone an award and it's just kind of cheesy. I generally don't mind if my opponent pitches at a good pace as long as they come to a stop before they deliver, just keep it somewhat realistic.

With that being said...I've played FN once and the game was pretty good, I guess I'd have to see how fast he was pitching to have an opinion. As far as the quitting goes, not OK. Either way this is no reason for anyone to quit this league, it wouldn't be life if we didn't lock horns every now and then. Let's figure it out and keep it moving.

If I have to vote, I vote against FN. Nothing personal bro, but quiting just can't be allowed. I hope you decide to stick around.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:31 pm

REDSOXNATION22 wrote:
My thoughts are that anything that doesn't happen in the real game shouldn't happen in our league. Pitchers don't pitch at a ridiculous rate and teams don't concede or quit in the middle of a game. Quiting or conceding early in games effects the league stats and could cost someone an award and it's just kind of cheesy. I generally don't mind if my opponent pitches at a good pace as long as they come to a stop before they deliver, just keep it somewhat realistic.

With that being said...I've played FN once and the game was pretty good, I guess I'd have to see how fast he was pitching to have an opinion. As far as the quitting goes, not OK. Either way this is no reason for anyone to quit this league, it wouldn't be life if we didn't lock horns every now and then. Let's figure it out and keep it moving.

If I have to vote, I vote against FN. Nothing personal bro, but quiting just can't be allowed. I hope you decide to stick around.

on the issue of the quick pitching, I know U've played him and have pretty good games with him, cuz the games are lag free and let's be honest He is not the greatest player in Our league ( You don't mind quick pitching when U r pounding somebody ). But me, I like realistic style games, I don't care if I'm winning or not, Just don't frikkin quick pitch period.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Wow, Leo it seems like u ALWAYS have drama with someone every year maybe that's not true but it just feels that way. Leo i AGREE with u about the quick pitching,if that is true then that is BS,but i DISAGREE with u saying that FN is not a good player in the league(not cool),not everyone is gonna be great at MLB(im not that good) and not everyone has time 2 play all day 2 get better(other PRIORITIES),the cheap shots are UNNECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Lets keep the focus on the issue at hand.

So far, the only vote I'm sure about is RSN's. Milk may or may not have voted. Voting stands at

Yes - 1
No - 0

Any other votes?
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:55 pm

damilkmanpart2 wrote:
mikeda1940 wrote:
It is true that, unlike last year, a "practice swing" will delay the pitch from the pitcher. There were a few times early on that I thought my controller was out of juice because I couldn't get my pitcher to through the pitch. Then I realized it was because the batter was warming up. As soon as he stopped, I was able to throw.

It is possible that Sony put this feature in to help pause quick pitching. If so, that would a proper use by Leo.

FN? Why do you think this was a glitch?
I don't think that is true... Sony did nothing against the quick pitch this year.. Fools online use the quick pitch all the time online. I've noticed that when you as the pitcher picks a pitch, the batter is not allowed to practice swing... But at the same time you can rapidly press the bunt button to throw the pitcher off while he is in his delivery... Again, nothing wrong with that in real life, just that the video gm does not give you a realistic approach in trying to control the pitching meter when that is done....
Back to top Go down
Smoke Stew

Smoke Stew

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:55 pm

FN is a good and fair player every time I have played him. I just taught him a few things on how to control the pace of the game and this whole thing is a big misunderstanding in my opinion.

LEO I am a bit dissappointed in how you act in public to be honest. This forum is considered public to me. Lets all be gents and work this out like gents.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nascar.com
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:56 pm

damilkmanpart2 wrote:
Out of all the charges, quitting is the most serious. But then again if a player is losing the gm and decides to concede and give u the win, why not take him out of his misery... I'm pretty sure Fresh offered to forfeit... There is no league rule against conceding gms..

In regards to quick pitching I think Leo just thinks everybody but him quick pitches.. I've been accused on several occasions of quick pitching only when playing Leo.. Listen, my take on quick pitching is that as long as my pitcher makes a sudden and noticable stop, I am not required as a pitcher to watch u take ur swings...

Now I am aware of that move Fresh is talking about. Leo will quickly show bunt about 3 or 4 times or rapidly check his swing a couple of times when one is picking a pitch or even worse when the pitcher is in the wind up to throw the ball.. This can lead to a quick pitch or simply messes u up on the pitching meter making u throw a ball or a meatball. Honestly I have no problems with those tactics but somebody else might have an issue with this kind of play...

My take is no case against Fresh....
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Actually our game was pretty close. I do mind quickpitching LEO, I hear ya on that, trust me. But I also realize that everyone isn't going to play the game exactly how I would like them to. As long as we're all pretty much on the same page I'm good.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 9:58 pm

yes milkman that's something I learn playing YOU, very cheap, but not exactly what We talking about here, that's not what I was doing, I was just taking practice swings before He pitched.
Back to top Go down
Freshnikes

Freshnikes

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:00 pm

Leo why didn't you accept my concede u would of got your stats and the win....instead u said {EDIT} that...maybe I shouldn't of called war u did a glitch ...since it's not ....but u are a gd player so I was using caution with my pitching and was waiting for u to stop practice swinging by that time I was getting locked into a pitch that the computer pick with I didn't know wat it was....on explaining this to smoke and showing him in a practice game ...he showed me a way to counter this ....hold L1 and step of the mound...this will reset the batting sequence...and ur not force to trow a phantom pitch....Leo u are a gd player the score was 4-0 in the 6th u wasn't blowing me out...if u play Leo and don't take ur time and pick ur spots he will burn you he's very gd ....If u think I quick pitched you then mybad I didn't meen to but I wouldn't quick pitch u ur too gd...anyway if this problem happends to any1 if u are waiting for a batter to stop practice swingi g and he keeps doing it and you get locked in a pitch u don't want or know what it is for that matter...press L1 and reset ....and leo we are all adults with real lives and bills and problems ...this is just a gm no need to call me names dude

ADMIN EDIT: Language
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:03 pm

I definitely accept taking credit for making that up... cheers I used to do that when I played in the independent leagues MSBL.... They called me Nails for Lenny Dykstra (dirty)
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:05 pm

lol, whatever DUDE. U were the one calling me out and saying I was cheating, I didn't mean to put U down saying that U suck or anything like that, I was just making a point (that some people don't care about quick pitching as long as they are hitting) but anyways, I didn't accept Ur concede cuz I like to finish my games, I got the stats anyway, but not the right way, like it's been stated already there's no mercy rule in baseball. That's softball, and teeball.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:08 pm

damilkmanpart2 wrote:
I definitely accept taking credit for making that up... cheers I used to do that when I played in the independent leagues MSBL.... They called me Nails for Lenny Dykstra (dirty)

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:09 pm

Leokillz wrote:
damilkmanpart2 wrote:
Yes sir
lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Ok, I'm not sure this conversation is going much anywhere further. Its clear that quickpitching is not allowed in this league, and FN never quite denied it. I don't think Leo was doing anything other than trying to counter it.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure we will ever get the votes to actually issue a penatly so I'm voting no and close the thread. This issue is resolved.

NO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I call The Council against FreshNikes   I call The Council against  FreshNikes - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I call The Council against FreshNikes
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2