The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Empty
PostSubject: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League   ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 8:56 pm

I have received a message from Bizzybone this afternoon asking to be removed from the league. His reasons are understandable and honorable. I'm very sorry to see him go, because I know he is competitive and dedicated, but, on the other hand, his priorities are in correct order. I will be dropping him from our roster with the conclusion of Series 3.

So what does this mean for our league? It means a couple of things.

1) All players with wins and losses against Bizzybone will find their record altered. Official rules state that the league be placed in a state as if the player did not play at all. Most specifically, that means:

Brewers lose two wins and one loss
Phillies lose three losses

2) It means the divisions will have uneven games played. Each team in the Berra League will play 54 games while the teams in the Stengel League will play 51. While this shouldn't effect division playoff races, since the games within divisions will remain the same, it will effect the determination of home field advantage in the World Series. Therefore, if the teams going to the World Series finish within 1.5 games of each other, it will be as if the teams are tied, and tiebreaker rules apply.

3) It means we will have permanent discrepencies with the Sportsconnect standings. Therefore, we shall be abandoning any more pretence of trying to keep the standings matching. The only standing that matters is the one on this web page. Do not bother playing exhibition games unless you need to because you are locked out of a league game that dropped on you.

4) It does NOT mean that we are changing the playoff format. The season has started, and players have anticipated this playoff structure for several weeks now. Those that play to the end of the season should be rewarded with a playoff structure as original thought out.

I want to again thank Bizzybone for being thoughtful and mature. He could have strung the whole league along, and he didn't. His reasoning is perfectly logical and what I would hope anyone would do if trading places with him. I wish him well and hope he sticks around the web page and invite him back to any future season.

Good luck to you Bizzy.

Last edited by mikeda1940 on Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League   ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:10 pm

One other thing. We will be following rotations by Series Number from now on. So, if you have a bye week because Bizzy was your next opponent, when you play the series after that, you will pretend that the pitchers who were supposed to have pitch to Bizzy have in fact done so, and your pitchers in the next series matches that of your opponent.

In other words,

Cubs 1/2/3----Cardinals 1/2/3
Cubs BYE------Cardinals 4/5/1
Cubs 2/3/4----Cardinals 2/3/4

See you on the field.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League   ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:28 pm

sorry to hear that we lost a player.
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League   ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:36 pm

That sucks... U need to even out the divisions now
Back to top Go down
blitzonfire

blitzonfire

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League   ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 11:06 pm

hey u guys if it matters i can make it even for both sides and withdraw since im the weakest 1 here in the league but if not i will continue 2 play ... im jus making a suggestion i really wouldnt mind going
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League   ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:00 am

It ain't making it even for the divisions. You're in the SAME division. But I kind of figured you weren't gonna stick it out, no new news here bro. This just ain't for you. Thats why leagues post "Looking for MATURE and COMMITTED players"....
Back to top Go down
blitzonfire

blitzonfire

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League   ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:05 am

disregard that message fellas im still in jus been really busy and stuff
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League   ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:04 am

Sorry to hear it....

but thank you Bizzy for paying us the courtesy of letting the league know....
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League   ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:10 am

Thanks for sticking in out blitz. You leaving too doesn't really help us at all. Hang in there. You can't be the weakest when Im on an 8 game losing streak. Though you would never know it by my on line record!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League   ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCEMENT: Bizzybone has withdrawn himself from the League
Page 1 of 1