The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

The Phoenix League- The best league around....

Go down 
+4
YouLightWork
Jones508
mikeda1940
damilkmanpart2
8 posters
AuthorMessage
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Empty
PostSubject: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:04 pm

Gentlemen, season 2 is finally coming to a close (at least for the Rangers who have been eliminated from playoff contention).. I would like to take this moment to reflect on my experiences as a member of this league. This league has exceeded all expectations and defied all odds. I have been very skeptical in joining online leagues because I thought nobody would have the dedication and commitment involved to make them work. Take for example YLK's league, always gave him props for starting his league. And at the same time something always comes along. We were left for dead when YLK disappeared, like a chicken running around with no head on. Then came Mikeda, assuring us that everything was going to be OK. In 1 day this website went up and invites were sent out. And here we are at the end of season 2 of The Phoenix League "Arising from the ashes again and again".

For 2 seasons we have competed, become friends, laughed, respected AND disrespected each other. To me this feels like a fraternity of brothers. Players have gotten to know each personally. We have some pics posted to get a better feel of our opponents, like YLK looking like a member of Menudo on crack, Jonesy looking like Dustin Pedroia and our commish Mike looking like an old Beatle hiding from his groupies under dark shades LOL... Great pics

Most importantly, this league gave me an escape from tough times this summer. It kept me on my toes and kept me going forward. Everyday I looked forward to posting or playing my games.. Win or lose..

I want to thank the original members, new members and especially Mike for the opportunity and wonderful experience.. This whole thing might sound corny but I'm just letting you guys know the impact instilled in me from this league. Realize we do have something special here. Lets keep it going as long as we can.. Great group here. Dedicated, committed, and definately competitive!!!

Please post and share your thoughts. Again great job this season by all and especially the new guys for making this league what it is today. PS- Smitty keep on posting baseball news. I'm sure the Mets will be busy this offseason.... Keep me informed
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:18 pm

Hey Milk, thats all fine and dandy and all except for one problem....

Yer not eliminated yet!!! Rolling Eyes

YLW's magic number is still 1

In a hurry to get to the offseason????!! Question Question
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:21 pm

And by the way, I'm coming to the metro New Jersey area around X-mas time. Anyone in the area is invited to a pizza with me if they can. We'll get that organized later.
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:27 pm

jeez for the millionth time I dont look like Pedroia!!! I'm 6 feet tall and still have all my hair The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_razz The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_lol

Not to worry Milk, I'll still be around to whoop u in fantasy. The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 9:55 pm

I'm just being realistic about the playoff run and I'm definately in for some pizza...

Jonesy you got lucky in week 1!!!
Back to top Go down
YouLightWork

YouLightWork

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:00 pm

Let me begin by saying i im offended by some of your thoughts. Believe you me i never intended on leaving anyone hanging. And the menudo jokes are getting old u need new material. But besides the fact i must agree this league did defy all odds and i think we must really applaud Mike, he's been the greatest commish and psn bud one could ever wish for..

Madden anyone??
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:05 pm

First off, nobody said u left anybody hanging. You said u had a situation to take care of and I believed u. Second, deal with the Menudo jokes cuz if u were my age u would know what I was talking about. And third, step your game up cuz I already called you out and no response. You were in practice mode on Madden fool!!!!
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 10:22 pm

Well said Milk... cheers cheers cheers

Props to the new guys and huge props to Mike!!!! cheers cheers

I'm down for some pizza (but if you want the best pizza we have to hit Grimaldi's in Brooklyn)

then again this isn't a Dateline set up right???.... lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:12 pm

^^lol

The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Chrishansen
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 17, 2009 11:51 pm

How old is everyone again? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:20 am

lol! lol!

Im not falling for that again....errrrrr No No No lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: hey   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:35 am

This league is really solid and dedicated,i was skepital at first but it turned out great. It takes a special group to play in this league because not everyone can handle it. Its a hell of a grind but i love it and i look forward to the games.I know what 2 expect now and its all good. Great season and the break til January will be well deserved.

PS-League news wont stop the busiest time of the year is coming, the OFF season so when MLB10 comes out in March youll have the info come draft time(picking teams).
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 9:00 am

I guess I'm the only one who wants to start the 3rd season as soon the 2nd ends Crying or Very sad And by the way YLW, take it from a Puertorican, you do look like a young Ricky Martin Very Happy ....but I guess everyone looks like someone we can make fun of, except for me, I'm a forking stud.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:45 pm

Don't forget about the most controversial player in this league; lol! , lots of fun stuff in this thread... to many to number, I already gave everyone their props for keeping Us moving forward, I've had way too much fun playing against You guys (The Founders Club Members) as well as the new members in season 2. I've made people laugh and I've made people mad. Like Mike ounce told me this is like a family and all of You guys are my brothers ( I know it sounds like a lot of BS cause of controversy ); I've had my fights and arguments with Milkman, and RSN, but some how We've developed some kind of respect. Now This season the story has been my fight with QuickV6SE, and more recently with YLW. This is how I see it Mike is like the father of the family, then RSN is like my older brother that I tend to fight with so is Milkman then YLW is like my Younger brother that has no respect for me lol! anyways thank You all for helping get away from real life a bit and sorry again for disrespecting You guys...
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:21 pm

Good call Leo... U know me and u go waaaaay back to the first week 09 came out... Since the beginning we have had our differences, but it was more of 2 competetive heads clashing and trying to come out on top. I HATE losing to Leo but over the first 2 seasons I have learned to respect his gameplay and the man behind the controller himself. I admire his desire and ability to overcome controversy and still come out on top. (Damn I feel gay right now)... I never meant to disrespect a so called moderator but at the time I felt like he crossed that fine line between moderator and player. All is forgotten man.

I think the first season was kind of a fluke for me having the best record in the league. This season I was exposed behind week hitting. (Although I believe I deserve a trophy for having 2 no-hitters and almost more this season).. LOL cheers cheers

I like the thought of this being something like family. Brothers fight, disagree and compete but in the end there is always time for celebration. This here is a celebration for 2 straight consecutive seasons without fail. (I think I'm just trying to console myself for not making the playoffs). But again as long as we have players who are willing to lose their jobs or their families to compete in The Phoenix League, we will be strong for a long time to come. cheers cheers

Use this forum not only for baseball but for an outlet to kick other people asses in other games etc Madden (YLK still no response) , socom, NBA 2K10, Fight Night (like I did to Platano, he never played the game again LOL sorry Plantain), Rockband and Call of Duty 5 (cant wait for that.. hey maybe we can make a clan!!!)

(Moderator Edit: LANGUAGE) (just wanted Mike to edit my language)
Twisted Evil

Last edited by Leokillz on Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I did it this time LOL.)
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: Yo   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:53 pm

I hear u milk on that madden i been so busy i have not had time 2 get it yet but i will be on there soon. gotta see how madden got my eagles this year.
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 10:40 pm

For sure, I got the @#$% knocked out affraid affraid affraid

I sent it back to gamefly, great game but I wasn't crazy about the controls (innovative scratch ) .... besides I was fighting a jacked up Milk...how long did you spend making that dude??? looked just like the pic you posted...

I got madden, not crazy about the game play also...but I'm down YLW (menudo??? lol! )
Back to top Go down
YouLightWork

YouLightWork

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 11:21 pm

Aight listen up i dont wanna hear anyone callin me menudo unless you have posted a picture of yourself also, i need ammunition to get back at ya. And yea we can get it in with Madden.. Whats up with setting up a league for that?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Phoenix League- The best league around....   The Phoenix League- The best league around.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Phoenix League- The best league around....
Page 1 of 1