The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Empty
PostSubject: ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long   ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:43 pm

It appears the Sportsconnect clock will be stuck again in 18 or so hours. Hulk and RSN are going to be working on it again tomorrow in the hope that time will make a difference. None of our old tricks are working right now. That means a couple of things:

1) Series 9 is extended 24 hours to give time for Hulk and RSN to fix the glitch and play their games. Some of you get a second chance with this extension. Prove to me it was worth it by playing games you might have otherwise lost.

2) Series 10 will end at the same time it should have without the clock problem on Friday May 15 at 9pm. So, therefore it will only be 3 days long instead of 4.

3) CHECK YOUR LINEUPS BEFORE PLAYING! Can I state this enough?

Carry on.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Empty
PostSubject: YO!   ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:44 am

Mike just so you know, we both checked our line-ups before playing and it still booted me. While speaking with Hulk for that last time last night, he ensured me that his line-ups were straight and I'm sure that mine were to. I'm not so sure that this time the problem is due to players being out of place in the line-up. I can't call it. We'll try again tonight, hopefully with different results.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long   ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 11:36 am

The lineup is the only thing we can control. If its not the lineup, then I don't think we have any other answers. I don't think its a coincidence that this happened at the roster update. Someone in someones lineup is glitched. Since Red is the one being booted, its likely in Hulk's lineup.

A few other things you can try if nothing else is working - 1) Scramble the whole lineup (OTHER than the pitcher - leave CC and Lee(?) alone). Make sure all (9+9+8+8=)34 players from all 4 lineups move position in both the field and in the batting order (so, Arod is catching and batting 8th). Try playing scrambled 2) If scrambling fails, put everyone back in place and try again. 3) Throw a different pitcher than the scheduled pitcher - preferable someone with a different arm (throw a lefty rather than a righty).

Don't forget, you don't have to actually play the game. Just the first inning then quit.

Thanks to both of you for trying. Don't forget to get your own games in as exhibition games today. As long as you are on and playing your games, I will keep giving extensions.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long   ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:10 pm

Understand, I'm not saying that anyone is out of position anymore. What I'm suggesting is that some player in the lineup is "glitched", and that we are trying to shake it loose. Its the only other answer I have.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long   ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:11 pm

How come that every time there's a problem, it seems like RSN is always involved? maybe His connection is the problem.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 4:14 pm

LOL! Could be, I'll look into it.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long   ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 5:42 pm

And the clock is officially frozen.
Back to top Go down
head5745

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long   ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Is the online clock even necessary for this league? Would we save a lot of problems by just forgetting about it and keeping up with EVERYTHING on here?
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long   ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 8:57 pm

The only reason its important is to move the flex schedule. Otherwise the end of the season will be played as all exhibiton games.

That also means thats I could never close the league at its end. Sony is notorious in ignoring requeststs to delete leagues. I would be stuck with this league in my only commisioner slot. And you all would have yet one more slot taken up with a dead league.

Even if we ever do get it unstuck, we may need weeks to let the clock run before it opens up if we take too long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long   ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCMENT : Series 9 Extended 24 Hours - Series 10 Returns to 3 Days Long
Page 1 of 1