The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ

Go down 
+2
Leokillz
damilkmanpart2
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: YO!   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:59 am

I'm not sure how public it is, but the only player I've had prolems with in this league is Leokillz. Up until game 6 of the LCS, my only problem with Leo was his connection. Almost every game we played was very laggy. What was peculiar to me was how the games became laggy after I had the lead in the game. The incident that was very suspicious to me was in game 6. I lead the series 3-2 and went up by two runs in the top of the 1st inning. In the bottom the 1st with 2outs and 2 strikes, the game froze and was about to disconnect with the traffic sign showing. The game did continue though and we were able to finish it. After the game Leo told me that his daughter "pulled the plug." I did not believe that then and I do not believe it now. I just thought that the timing of it was way to suspicous, everyone knows that as long as the game is quit or disconnected before the end of the 1st inning it does not count toward points, not to mention that we would have had to start the game over, two birds with one stone. Like I told him, I think he purposely disconnected. Maybe he decided not to and plugged the cord back in, I don't know. All I do know is that I don't believe the story about his daughter pulling the plug. It does seem like a lot of contreversy surrounds him. "If it looks like duck". I guess after the game 6 incident there isn't much I wouldn't put past him, I don't believe he plays the game with a ton of integrity. As far as the situation with Milk, we'll never know I guess. But the fact that some would even think he's capable of that speaks volumes. I guess I would have to say that I think he's capable of such actions.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 5:55 am

Mike, I think RSN comment on the issue should be deleted for being out of context; I told him to plead his own case, call his own council. He shouldn't be coming here and affect the outcome of a different issue with what he thinks ( which I couldn't care less )is what happen.

But just for the record, since He did bring his case up: I don't give a flying ( explicit ) what U believe, that's 1 and second of all even in the hypothetical case that I did try it intentionally, We didn't disconnect, so stop making excuses, I beat U fair and square in extra innings!

The issue here is whether what happen in GM 1 of the WS is a SC glitch or something I did.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:02 am

I disagree Leo. As I stated, the vote is on the issue of this particular glitch, but Milk has brought as argument past behavior as evidence of the suspicious nature of this incident. A "pattern of behavior" is acceptable evidence in a court of law, and its acceptable evidence here.

I know you may not like to read what is being said Leo, but I ask, if you can, that you DO care. I'm asking you to kindly LISTEN. These are you leaguemates and, hopefully, yes, your friends. All families fight, and you don't solve problems by ignoring them. Part of my own comments that I am drafting include complaints and issues I have heard regarding your play and history (justified or not) and my opinion of them. I will also be commenting on Milk history in this league as well. Not to disrespect either of you. But open dialogue is the only way to avoiding anger from festering and boiling, as it has here. Had there been open dialogue previously, had some of these issues been brought eariler, we may not be here today.

More than a punishment, the Bootum Council has always been a tool for dialogue so incidents present themselves, clear themselves, and we move on. Painful as it may be, that is what we are doing today.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:48 am

Leokillz wrote:
just so that everyone knows what happen: there was a runner on 1st with 1 out, the batter had a 1-2 count and hit a DP ground ball that he started to make, but the gm call the runner out and the batter went back to the batters box with the same count 1-2.

Has this ever happen to anyone? to hit the ball and go back to the batters box?
As some may already know, I called the council against Leo yesterday. The play is basically described in Leo's quote. However the screen quickly switched back to the batter as soon as the ball reached first. So my first impression seeing Pedroia still batting was a glitch on his part. I know I might be wrong accusing Leo of glitching, but that was the first thing that came to my mind during this competitive game. As soon as the glitch happened I proceeded to pause the game and get some answers. After a couple of minutes chatting, Ms. Cleo became very defensive, giving me more of an idea that something was purposely done. I will admit I did pull from the game. Even though it was only the top of the 6th, I saw no purpose in finishing a glitched game.

I know today that maybe cooler heads could've changed the outcome of this mess. If you guys can recall, Leo and myself have had problems before. Earlier in our 09 Show careers, he would swear up and down that his connection was flawless and that mine was no good. In YLW's league, I had posted a poll asking for other league members to describe their connections with each one of us. Once the truth started coming out he quickly deleted all of my posts including the poll. He sent me a Pm stating that everything I posted would be deleted from then on. He even changed one of my posts for it to state whatever he wanted it to say... This shows you the kind of person we are dealing with. What Bernie Madoff got ain't nothing compared to what Ms. Cleo deserves!!! LOL

This council is not going to give me gm 1 back, but like Mike said it is for the good of bringing up an issue that has been around before and stating some grievances that have affected this league. Again, I accept the loss handed to me and I will continue to play the series.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:03 pm

For the record, the only reason I did not post this information before was because I did not want to put a "black eye" on the face of what's been an incredible league and a great job done by Mike. I also didn't want people to think I was bitter about losing the series. In your last post you wrote that in the "hypothetical case" that you did intentionally pulled the plug it doesn't matter because the game was played. If that's what you believe then you really don't get it bruh. The fact that you tried it, if you did, is what really matters. What if you weren't able to get the connection back and the game was lost, what then? Now I'm hearing you are involved in yet another incident that questions your integrity so I had to say something. I'd also like to mention another things about game 6. Once the game continued, after the almost disconnect, Leo began playing the game in a way that I thought this league frowned upon. He began early stealing with every runner who reached base, even Varitek. He also did the little trick where a ground ball is hit to the shortstop, the shortstop looks back the runner on second and throws to first, then he sends the runner to third because he knows the 1st baseman is not going to react in time to throw the ball to third and get the runner out. I know what you're going to say Mike, this is not against any written rules or relevant to this situation. I think it is relevant however when considering what Leo will do to win a game when his back's against the wall. That is what this coucil session is about isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:21 pm

REDSOXNATION22 wrote:
For the record, the only reason I did not post this information before was because I did not want to put a "black eye" on the face of what's been an incredible league and a great job done by Mike. I also didn't want people to think I was bitter about losing the series. In your last post you wrote that in the "hypothetical case" that you did intentionally pulled the plug it doesn't matter because the game was played. If that's what you believe then you really don't get it bruh. The fact that you tried it, if you did, is what really matters. What if you weren't able to get the connection back and the game was lost, what then? Now I'm hearing you are involved in yet another incident that questions your integrity so I had to say something. I'd also like to mention another things about game 6. Once the game continued, after the almost disconnect, Leo began playing the game in a way that I thought this league frowned upon. He began early stealing with every runner who reached base, even Varitek. He also did the little trick where a ground ball is hit to the shortstop, the shortstop looks back the runner on second and throws to first, then he sends the runner to third because he knows the 1st baseman is not going to react in time to throw the ball to third and get the runner out. I know what you're going to say Mike, this is not against any written rules or relevant to this situation. I think it is relevant however when considering what Leo will do to win a game when his back's against the wall. That is what this coucil session is about isn't it?

Yes, all that U state here is irelevant because none of it is consider cheating in this game, I already complaint about it before, and was told that all of that is part of the Gm, stfu with all that bs, trying to taint my reputation, I think that the only 2 people that I've had this kind of issues are You 2.
Back to top Go down
Hulkisready5

Hulkisready5

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 1:47 pm

Banner here www.evilcontroller.com check it out for reference.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:29 pm

Men Hulk, don't be joking around We talking something serious here, can U please just vote, and be serious for a minute?.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:35 pm

I want to say I had a very good conversation with Leo on the phone today. Again, I wish reserve my comments for a later time to allow everyone their opportunity to make their points, but that conversation will be part of the future discussion.
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:19 pm

My two cents...

As I stated earlier, I don't think there is a way for any of us outside of Milk and Leo to know exactly what happened during game #1 of the WS. However if we are to use precedent of past actions in this case, I have some thing I want to air out.

I don't agree or approve of anyone quitting during a game, but I can understand how frustrated one can be if one feels cheated. I believe we all are very competitive and this is after all a competition. I can tell you that I appreciate all of Leo's hard work in this forum and respect his Vet status. Yet, i have to say I have not enjoyed playing against Leo. Outside a game I don't have anything against Leo, but his playing style and conduct during a game are questionable to me.

In Milks case I have won and lost some very tough games to him. In both instances he has been above reproach in his conduct and playing style. So in this case I have to side with Milk. We all make mistakes and I for one have certainly done my share of blunders. However if the integrity of the game or a player is brought into question, I think we all need to man up and see what we need to do to correct this.

I hope this can get resolved and we can all learn from it....

I'm out until Monday... hope everyone has a good weekend.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 6:15 pm

Wow I'm really sorry to hear this from You Rich; but anyways, here I need You to elaborate what exactly are You talking about when You say You don't like my style of play?
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Fair question, Leo. And remember to listen to the answer.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 8:59 pm

I've said my piece so I'm not going to say anything else about Leo or his tactics. Whatever Mike decides I'm sure will be the right thing to do. I will say this though Leo, it seems like I'm the only one you feel like you can disrsespect out here. I haven't said anything disrespectful to you, only what I feel are the facts. Please keep it respectful when you address me, keep it video games bruh. All that "STFU" stuff is not necessary. I'm SURE you would not be speaking to me in that tone if we were in the same room, trust me. You need to grow up a little and learn how to have meaningful dialogue with people who don't see eye to eye with you on a certain issue. That's all I've got fellas, I know the right decision will be made.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:16 pm

Well, I guess Leo's answer is going to have to wait for a later time.

It's 8pm and I'm ready to cast my vote. That vote is NO. I have not heard any argument to suggest that Leo took any intentional action to cause that play to occur and give himself an advantage. I think today even Milk, with cooler head, would conceed that. Although I haven't played as many games as some of you, I assure you that I have experienced and researched enough Sony errors to know exactly where to place the blame.

So with that NO vote, there can be no unanimous vote, and the Council is closed.

.....however........

Let me now comment on this experience. I think that Leo deserves a great deal of credit for taking what he went through today. It could not have been easy to sit there and have all your dirty laundry out there to be discussed, and there's a lot of different ways he could have reacted. He decided to take it like a man. Congratulations.

As I said, I had the opportunity to speak with Leo for the first time on the telephone. Although we never met in person, its surprising how much of a person comes through over the internet. I found on the other end the exact person I expected. An honest, passionate competitor that cares about his reputation. I also heard someone who is easily excitable and has a hot temper. He has admit in the past his temper can get the better of him. I explained to him how that temper can affect the reputation he cares about, and how he can be perceived by others, especially those that are experienced with the "win at all costs" attitude in the Game rooms. We discussed some of the issues addressed by other players, and I believe he was genuinely surprised. I gave him an idea to think about and I remind everyone of this as well.

BEFORE THIS LEAGUE IS COMPETATIVE, IT MUST BE FUN.

Nobody is gaining a damn thing by being in the league. Not money (at least, not that I know about), fame, experience. Nothing except maybe an electronic trophy. So if you are not having fun, why do it. CONTINUED>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:31 pm

The problem is, everyone's idea of fun is different and everyone's idea of fair is different. YLW's league had restrictions on plays such as suicide squeezes and early steals that he put in place to be "fair", but are not present in this league. Does that make one league or the other not fair?

We all play the game differently. I ask everyone, Leo, Milk, everyone to keep that in mind. We have been through so much together that I choose to trust you. Each of you. I ask if you can trust other members in this family as well.

Milk, in my expereince, can also run hot, but in a bit more controlled fashion. He too is a competitor, and fair player, but can hold grudges. Poor ikky ran on Milk's bad side and, after his series with Milk, was never the same player. I never quite got what happened to prevent ikky from playing that third game in the series, but I have my thoughts. Very Happy

So, what we have is two competive players clashing heads. Thats good. You represent the league right now. What doesn't represent the league well was this recent crash and burn. I don't know if this process solved anything, but maybe in released steam, let people get things off their chest, made people aware, and allow us to move on. Or, mabye it doesn't. As I told Leo, I don't have any special powers. Im just a guy with a web page. But I'm doing what I alway do. Providing you the opportunties to prove once again the men you really are. I'm proud of all of you.

Having said that, I will now let you know that, as men, I will treat you as men. If either of you decide you decide you don't want to play anymore, I will take you at your word, and WITHOUT FURTHER WARNING, resolve the series and close the league.

And, with that, the World Series is open again and this thread is closed.

PLAY BALL!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ   COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COUNCIL CALLED AGAINST LEOKILLZ
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phoenix League - MLB The Show :: THE BOOTUM COUNCIL :: CALL THE COUNCIL-
Jump to: