The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

New Issue...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
head5745

New Issue... Empty
PostSubject: New Issue...   New Issue... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:00 am

Playing game 2 against PlatanoRich and we had a 0-0 ballgame after 7 1/2 innings. I had a no-hitter going with Dan Haren through 8 innings while he had held me to 3 hits to that point.

Then we disconnected. No rhyme or reason. It was smooth game up to that point and it doesn't appear that either of us were credited with a disconnect.

So what do we do about this? I was awarded the win in SC. There is no option to play an exhibition to make up the game since we have modified rosters. What is going to be the league standard?
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

New Issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Issue...   New Issue... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:17 am

I don't know.

And, whats even a more interesting question is, what do we do when we are supposed to play exhibition games in the playoffs.

I'm open to suggestions. The only thing I have is to let the Sportconnect decision stand as a glorifed coin flip and that we are headed towards 3 game playoff series.

Anyone have any other ideas? I'm stumped.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
head5745

New Issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Issue...   New Issue... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:58 am

I guess that makes sense in tied games. I assume that our past rules would still be in effect to decide games that aren't tied after 5 innings when they disconnect.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

New Issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Issue...   New Issue... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 4:27 am

No, old rainout rules cannot apply even under those circumstances. The problem is, Sportsconnect is in complete control of the playoff structure.

Imagine we ignore the wins that Sportsconnect doles out, even if those wins were given randomly, and we play the rainout rules out in a way we believe is fair. What if Sportsconnect says the Twins make the playoffs, and our standings say the Brewers make the playoffs. We can't play exhibition games to play out the playoffs. Sportsconnect is in control.

It seems to me, the only other option is to abandon the league entirely and the idea of the draft, which I can't do because we're active now. So I couldn't start another league for 4 weeks until I resolve all the unplayed games.

Unfortunately, Sportsconnect is the commissioner of the league now. I'm just its puppet.

I'm putting a rule change to a vote.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
Leokillz

Leokillz

New Issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Issue...   New Issue... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:28 pm

let's just keep playing; whatever this is just to keep us busy until 2010 comes Out...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Issue... Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Issue...   New Issue... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Issue...
Page 1 of 1