The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE

Go down 
3 posters

Web Page Statistics - REVOTE
Only Wins, Saves, and POG
SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Vote_lcap44%SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
All available stats (including POG which needs to recorded by individual players and manually recorded)
SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Vote_lcap44%SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
All available stats EXCEPT POG (only SC stats)
SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Vote_lcap11%SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Empty
PostSubject: SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE   SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:13 pm

This poll is a REVOTE of a pre season vote that determined that only Wins, Saves and POG be kept. Now that the season has begun, it is clear that NOBODY has to keep any statistic except POG (if we want to). All stats can be kept on Sportsconnect and this vote is to simply capture a screenshot of those stats and keeping them on this page for easy access and permanent record.

I ask for a revote.

Founder's Club Members ONLY please vote. There are 11 active members in the Founder's Club. A majority is a vote of 6 to any option. A quorum is a minimum of 6 votes to all options, and a majority of 4 to any one option. Quorum voting will be open until Wednesday, March 17 at 9pm.

All votes are final. Please vote NOW!
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:35 pm

Mike I have a question. My first game with you was disconnected in the late innings, nor the game or win for Beckett was recognized. Actually, SC has given Beckett the loss. How we can we let SC keep the stats if it's doing things like this? I'm not worried about the win, I know you can resolve that. I'm more concerned with the loss for Beckett, I'm sure you can't resolve that right?

Also, if we do let SC keep our stats, do we have to post a screen shot of the stats on this website? And if so can we just post it manually?
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE   SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:52 pm

Sportsconnect is going to keep stats whether we post it hear or not. Remeber, me manual keeping all stops was not an option (actually, it was an option in the FIRST vote, but only if anyone was willing to offer help).

After the first vote, Sportsconnect was always going to be the keeper of stats this season (except POG). The first vote just created a weird situation where I would be posting the screenshot of Wins and Saves, but nothing else. This vote is only to determine whether we post those stats HERE for off PS3 viewing and permanent record.

I'm just going to cross my fingers that the Beckett loss is a fluke thing and, over the long course, we should not be seeing things such as that. I know I'm going to be at least in part disappointed. But if we don't treat the Sportsconnect stats as official, then we basically don't have stats at all.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE   SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 10:53 pm

And, again, other than POG, no player has to keep individual stats any longer. I will be posting screenshots of various important stats at various times. Ususally when a series closes.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: hey   SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 11:52 pm

Ok so after a win u DONT post your stats just the score? I kinda liked that aspect posting the stats and explaining the game to everyone that was fun!!!!! Ill probably keep track of a few of my team stats (HR,RBI,SB,Wins,Saves,POG),trusting Sportsconnect No is just hard to even think about Shocked
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE   SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 11:48 am

One person manually keeping all the stats just takes too much time. I did it in Season 1 because I basically gave everything I had into Season 1. I asked for help in Season 2, and Jones stepped up and took up mantle, and I appreciate his hard work and dedication. I'm sure he can tell you war stories. I asked for volunteers in Seasons 3 and now 4, and nobody was willing to do so (disappointing, but understandable).

One of the reasons I decided to go forward with Season 4 was the belief that stats would be kept by Sportsconnect and I could focus on the the league and the standings. Our stat record keeping has NEVER been perfect. In fact, often it was top heavy with people who did record skewed against people who didn't bother. In the Beckett case above, the results would have been the same. I've never put an emphasis on losses, only wins. So Beckett is short a win right now. But under our OLD system, he would have been short a win anyway, since the game dropped. If you recall, dropped games last year was recorded as a 1-0 score, with no stats kept. In the meantime, under Sportsconnect, all of the BATTING stats for the dropped game has been recorded and will part of the leaderboard. Also, players who normally don't keep their stats are now kept in the record as well. So, I would argue that Sportsconnect is now MORE accurate than our previous system, though neither system is as perfect as everyone actually keeping a log of each game.

In the meantime here, the vote here is whether to only post Wins, Saves and POG, with wins and saves being screenshots off SC and POG being manual. Or to screen many different stas off SC with POG being manual. We already had the vote to manually keep all stats, and no one volunteered.

Unless you want to have a re-re-vote? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE   SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 10:25 pm

At the end of the quorum period, while a quorum has been met, the vote has ended in a tie. I will use my tiebreaker vote to vote for all available stats by way of screenshots, with manual entry of POG only. Voting is closed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE   SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEASON FOUR - Web Page Statistics - REVOTE
Page 1 of 1