The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League

Go down 
+3
PlatanoRich
REDSOXNATION22
mikeda1940
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Empty
PostSubject: ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:19 pm

What if they had a league and all the players were automatically dropped?

We are about to begin Series #5. At the end of Series #5, anyone who has played below 60% of their games will be AUTOMATICALLY dropped.

Just so everyone understands, AUTOMATIC DROP IS AUTOMATIC. I have NO discretion. After I resolve games, I will push the button on ANYONE who is below 60%.

After that time, if you want back into the league, you have to petition the Bootum Council for a majority vote to return. THEN, you have to hope that Sportsconnect works as promised in allowing me to induct new players (in this case, old players) to take over teams mid season. Otherwise, you MAY be LOCKED OUT if Sportsconnect fails. Good luck betting on Sportsconnect.

Right now there are 5 teams JUST barely over 60% :

Hulkisready5 - 67%
Freshnikes - 67%
bbissette19 - 67%
Wichiwichipai - 67%
omgsmitty - 67%

and one JUST below:

head5745 - 58%

If you are in danger, and someone you are trying to playing against isn't around, you CAN petition the Bootum Council BEFORE SERIES 5 CLOSES!!

Please don't put yourself and the league in a regretful situation. Play your games.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PostSubject: YO!   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 8:52 am

Fellas we all have stuff going on in our everyday lives that is much more important than this video game. But if were going to make this league work, it can't be by just expecting the other guy to conform to your schedule. You have to make an effort and meet each other half way. The fact that we actually play our games is what separates us from any other league out there. This season has the potential to be great so let's not ruin it by having Mike resolve a ton of games or by having guys kicked out of it. Not only do we owe it to ourselves but to Mike, who puts in a ton of time and effort to make this thing work. The least we can do is play the games.
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 4:50 pm

stuff happens .... I hope these players can keep up moving forward...

Last edited by PlatanoRich on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 6:17 pm

i agree but i can ONLY speak for me,I just had a case of BAD Luck to start the season with head(3 resolved games to start hurt us both) and that got me off to a HORRIBLE start 0% games played.I understand we ALL have to make the effort to get our games in and me personally will do my part to make that happen.I WILL be off that 67% real soon,my apologies to the league but like i said before just a case of BAD LUCK to start(connection issues)and trying to fight back to RAISE the percentage WELL OVER 67%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Hulkisready5

Hulkisready5

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 7:53 pm

I apologize too. Hulk is back on Earth.
Back to top Go down
PointShaver

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:35 am

Hulkisready5 wrote:
I apologize too. Hulk is back on Earth.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Freshnikes

Freshnikes

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:56 pm

I only missed two games so how does that add up to 67% ....
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:03 pm

Two games against the Braves, two games against the Angels. I know you played the Braves, but because those games were never posted, those games weren't official. I had to resolve them.

Even if you lost a game, be ready to post if you don't otherwise see it happening. I NEED these posts or I can't properly run the league.
Back to top Go down
Freshnikes

Freshnikes

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 5:36 pm

I lost both games and was under the impressions that he would post the score ....why would I think otherwise that's the rule u win u post so I didn't check to see if he posted....and if I would of posted is like I'm stealing his joy his ability to talk about the game to present it how he wants it.....I don't think that should count against the loser if the game was played...that just doesn't make any sense all ...I'm penalized for losing I don't get it mike...I disagree the winner should get the dnf....not the loser for coming up short....not trying to throw you under the bus bb19 ...ur my boy ....
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 7:03 pm

Is it fair for Smoke to possibly be getting 3 resolutions because Hulk hasn't been around this series? Smoke has been desperately trying to play. Is it fair that I haven't been able to play my series against bissette because he hasn't been on since Wednesday?

It isn't a question of "Did you try to play your game", or even "Did you play your game". The question is, "Was the game resolved". You have to be missing a tremendous number of games to get below the 60% mark. You could miss two of the first five series and STILL be at 60%. You should be even further from the 60% mark the longer the season goes. Even if a string of bad luck no fault of your own takes you below 60%, you STILL have the right to petition the league for a return. My money is that, if you show a determination to play, they will always give you a second chance.

The competition isn't in the games played, its in the win loss record. The games resolved measure is just one way we try to keep the league active and moving. There are plenty of safeguards to keep those who want to play playing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League   ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ANNOUNCMENT: Players AUTOMATICALLY Dropped From League
Page 1 of 1