The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

LEAGUE NEWS

Go down 
+3
mikeda1940
damilkmanpart2
omgsmitty
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Whats up Phoenix League members? This is the 1st installment of LEAGUE NEWS hosted by me.(SMITTY)

This is the best time of the year for all of the teams in the league because everyone is optimistic and EVERYONE has a chance. Spring training is over and its time for the REAL deal now,EVERYTHING counts now. As of now every team has the idea that they can win and every team is even as of now. As been mention from the commish this is a BROTHERHOOD and yeah we all want to win but remember that we all CANT win. I will be bringing u guys the news that may or may not effect your team but SOMEONE will be effected. I want to wish EVERYONE a great season,hopefully injury free,and good luck. The season will really be in full swing next week and i will have all the information you need about opening week. See you members next sunday when the REAL news begins.

SMITTY
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:23 am

Whats up Phoenix League members? This is a NEW installment of LEAGUE NEWS hosted by me(SMITTY)

Trades- With the trade DEADLINE approaching (July 31) there are alot of teams looking for that missing piece to the puzzle that will help them get to the world series. When it comes 2 trades im only gonna speak about the teams that r in our league. As of now the Red sox and the Cardinals have been the most active. The Cards and the Sox made a trade with each other, the sox traded SS Julio Lugo to the cards for OF Chris Duncan. The Redsox also made a deal with the pirates to get 1B Adam Laroache. The Cardinals were not finished with there moves when they made the blockbuster trade before the deadline so far by getting Matt Holliday from Oakland. Another maybe soon 2 be blockbuster trade is bluejays pitcher Roy Halliday, the rumors that i am hearing is that it is a 3 team race between the Phillies,Dodgers,and Angels. Stay tuned 2 that.

The GOOD- With the first series complete and some teams playing series 2 there is some really good things 2 report. Already in the young season we have had a PERFECT GAME (congrats to Mark Buerhle of the Whitesox) and a NO HITTER(congrats to Texas Rangers pitcher). The season is young but congrats to the teams off 2 a GREAT start(Blue Jays,Cardinals,Whitesox,Redsox,Rangers,and Giants) and 2 the players as well(P. Sandoval 3hr,R. Barahas 3hr,M.Texiera 4rbi's,J. Dye 4rbi's,R. Ludwick 4rbi's,V.Wells 4rbi's,A. Rios 4rbi's). These players are the reason that there teams are in the position that they are in at the moment.

The BAD- With the success of the teams i mention comes the teams that are struggling at the moment. The 5 teams that are struggling are ALL batting under .200 as a team(Braves,Dodgers,Brewers,Rays,and Phillies). All these teams have the TALENT offensively 2 get it done and thats what i expect from those teams. Its very early in the season and we have already had some RARE moments which tells me that we are in for a SPECIAL season. See you guys next week!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 5:57 am

Great job Smiitty!!!! cheers Im luvin it....
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:20 pm

I agree. Excellent work smitty. A whole new positive for the league!
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:56 pm

awsome!!! thanks

cheers cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:13 am

Whats up Phoenix League members? This is a NEW installment of LEAGUE NEWS hosted by me (SMITTY)

TRADES- With the trade deadline ending at 4est yesterday the phoenix league teams were EXTREMEMLY busy right up to the 4pm deadline. Here is a recap of ALL the moves. With all the talk and all the rumors about Roy Halliday being traded it NEVER happened, Im sure the bluejays manager (wichiwichipai) is EXTREMELY happy about still having one of the BEST pitchers in the game. Here are some of the trades that DID happen:The Whitesox in a SURPRISE trade get P J. Peavy from the Padres for 4 minor league players,remember a few months ago the sox tried to get Peavy (who has a NO TRADE clause) but Peavy DECLINED the trade,basically its the same people in the deal and this time he accepts, the Tigers get P J. Washburn from the Mariners for 2 minor leaguers, the Redsox (busy as usual) get OF B. Anderson from the Whitesox for 1B/OF M. Katsay,and in one of the BIGGEST trades before the deadline the Redsox get 1B/C V. Martinez from the Indians for J. Masterson and 3 minor leaguers, the Giants (busy also) get IF F. Sanchez from the Pirates for a minor leaguer, the Giants also get IF/OF R. Garko from the Indians for 2 minor leaguers, the Phillies didnt get Halliday but they got the NEXT BEST THING in P C. Lee from the Indians for 4 minor league players, the Dodgers make a move to sure up the bullpen getting P G. Sherrill from the Orioles for 2 minor leaguers, the Yankees get IF J. Hairston from the Reds, the Brewers get P C. Vargus from the Dodgers for C V. Rottino and a minor league player, the Blue Jays DID make a trade though, they traded 3B S. Rolen to the Reds for E. Encanarcion and a minor league player, the Braves get 1B A. Laroache from the Redsox for 1B C. Kotchman, and FINALLY the Cubs got some bullpen help getting pichers J. Grabow and T. Gorzelanny from the Pirates for P K. Hart.

With all of the trades that went on in the past few weeks it got me thinking of a top 6 trade moves of the 2009 trade deadline. It's in NO particular order,just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions LOL

1.M. Holliday- the Cardinals have been NEEDING a big bat 2 protect King Albert and now they have that.
2.J. Peavy- if he gets healthy the Whitesox have one of the BEST pichers in the league.
3.C. Lee- the rotation is REALLY good now (lefties galore) the Phils have 2 #1 starters.
4.V. Martinez- the rich get richer and a BIG bat in the lineup, gives the Redsox MANY different lineup options.
5.J. Washburn- no one really talks about this guy but he is a BEAST the Tigers rotation just got ALOT better
6.The Bluejays- for NOT trading Roy Halliday!!!!!!!

I hope all the moves help EVERYONE and good luck with your teams and NEW players.

See you guys next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Whats up Phoenix League members? This is a NEW installment of LEAGUE NEWS hosted by me (SMITTY)

NEWS-We lost a member this past week (Quik). I never had a chance 2 play the former member so i really dont know much about him. What i do know is that he's NOT gonna fine a better group of guys who play the RIGHT way online and that's for sure. People are so shady online with the cheating and fast pitching and all the other BS they do that i dont even play online anymore,if your NOT on my friendslist then u get no game from me. I wish u well Quik,good luck finding a DECENT game online.

STENGAL DIVISION- The Bluejays and the Yankees r play playing really well right now and r atop of the division with both teams batting around .300 as a team which is incredible,most people expected that from the Yankees POTENT lineup but the Bluejays r really turning heads with 2 guys in the top 10 in hr's(Barahas 6 and Overbay 4) and rbi's (wells 11 and Barahas 10). The Tigers and Cardinals r keeping pace with the Tigers C. Granderson leading the team with 3hr's and 7 rbi's and for the Cardinals it has been R. Ludwick and R. Ankiel with 2hr's and 9rbi's a piece. Both the Braves and the Dodgers r struggling with with bats right now but it is a LONG season and there is still time 2 turn it around,i expect that real soon from those teams.

BERRA DIVISION-When u think Giants u dont think hitting but that is exactly what they are doing. The hitting of the Giants as of now is leading this team with 5 guys in the top 15 in hr's (Rowand 5 Uribe 5 Sandoval 3 Molina 3 Winn 3). Eventhough the Redsox k. Yukilis is leading the majors in hr's with 9 there getting it from the entire team not craming the leaderboard with players but getting it done. In my opinion the Rangers r a SCARY team bcuz they are pitching LIGHTSOUT with the best era in the league and the have not hit yet,but they r hitting the longball.Good pitching beats good hitting everytime. I really like what the whitesox r doing with a balanced attack of pitching and hitting,another team the doesnt stack the leaderboard but get the job done and win. The Phils have 2 much talent not 2 pick it up. The Brewcrew i think are ready 2 soar and get back in this race ALOT of talent there and they play really hard. The Rays like the Brewers r a young team with the talent 2 pick it up and i think they will. The Phils Brewers and Rays need 2 start hitting and everything else with come into place. Still got time.

**ALL the stats r from 8/6/09**

JUST MY THOUGHTS- Good start 2 the season with ALOT more to go so keep playing hard and ENJOY your NEW players via trades and make a run toward the playoffs.

See you guys next week!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 11:32 am

Hey, What happen to this week league's news section? Nothing NEW?
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:28 pm

Just a little busy with school right now FINALS week ALOT of studying, LEAGUE NEWS will be back next week, see you soon.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 10:05 am

What's up Phoenix League members? This is a NEW installment of LEAGUE NEWS hosted by me (Smitty)

My Situation- I am back after a week hiatus, my finals went well and now i am back to deliver the news. I take a final towards the end of EVERY month so bear with me at the end of the month. Thanks.

The News- With the trade deadline long gone now it's waiver wire time and as of now the Whitesox,Cardinals,and the Redsox made the biggest moves so far. The Whitesox claimed A. Rios from the Blue jays which makes that lineup even more POTENT. The Cardinals get J. Smoltz who was released by the Redsox, Smoltz can fill a void in 2 ways, he can start or come out of the bullpen and give u quality innings. The Redsox claim B. Wagner from the Mets,what this means is that the Mets have a couple days to respond to the claim,my guess is that B. Wagner WILL be a Redsox in the NEAR future.

UNOFFICIAL TEAM STATS
AVG. 1.Giants 3.09 ERA. 1.Rangers 1.30
2.Redsox 2.95 2.Giants 1.76
3.Blue Jays 2.86 3.Whitesox 2.27
4.Tigers 2.79 4.Bluejays 2.35
5.Whitesox 2.78 5.Brewers 2.62

STENGAL DIVISION-You cant get any tighter than 3 teams within a 1/2 game of each other for 1st place(Bluejays,Yankees,and Tigers). This one will DEFINATLEY go down to the last week of the season. Great stuff,that's what baseball is all about right there,that is what u call a PENNANT RACE.

BERRA DIVISION-With the Giants separating themselves a little bit from the pack(5 1/2 game lead),the REAL battle as of now is for the other PLAYOFF SPOTS between 3 teams who are separated by 1 game.The Redsox,Whitesox and Rangers are FIGHTING for there playoff spots.

PREDICTIONS- Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh not going there. LOL

MY THOUGHTS-With the second half of the season underway it is now scoreboard watching time. This is when teams WIN or LOSE pennant races,play WELL and your IN,play POORLY and your OUT. EVERY team is STILL a factor because teams who are looking to next year with NOTHING 2 LOSE are the most DANGEROUS teams to play coming down the stretch. Keep that in mind!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's GREAT 2 b back and I will see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 4:23 pm

Would you believe I first learned about the Billy Wagner claim from this last League News?

Smitty with the scoop!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 3:37 pm

THIS JUST IN- As i reported over the weekend about Billy Wagner being claimed by the Redsox. It is now OFFICIAL, Wagner is a Redsox. The Mets and Redsox make a deal before the deadline.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN- This gives the Redsox a lefty righty combination with Wagner and Papelbon, both with the ability to close games. Its a solid move for the playoff push and gives the Redsox another option.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:42 am

SOME DEVELOPING NEWS- Cubs P. Rich Harden and Brewers closer Trevor Hoffman were claimed by undisclosed teams,details of the teams that claimed them will be known really soon. Both of these guys can REALLY help one of our teams down the stretch,it could be your team,more details to come!!!!!
Back to top Go down
head5745

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:42 pm

Harden has been claimed by the Twins, so that has no effect in our league.

Hoffman was claimed by the Giants, though, so that would mean help for Leo if something would happen. His change-up is absolutely devastating in this game.

That said, I can pretty much gaurantee the Brewers pull him back. No way the Giants offer enough this late in the year for a type-A free agent.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:38 pm

I didnt hear that the Twins claimed Harden. Im hearing that an NL team claimed him because in order for Harden to be claimed by an AL team he first has to pass waivers from ALL the NL teams. I went on the Twins website and they didnt mention it but we shall see and I agree that the Giants probably wont get Hoffman but u never know.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 11:44 am

What's up Phoenix League members? This is a NEW installment of LEAGUE NEWS hosted by me (smitty).

NEWS-The Rays trade away one of there young arms yesterday.S. Kazmir was traded to the Angels for prospects and a player to be named later.A GREAT move for the Angels but im not so sure for the Rays,this was a SALARY move all the way.

RUMORS-Brewers closer T. Hoffman was claimed by a team and the rumor is that it's the Giants.Im not sure if this deal will go down but more to come on this situation.Also, Cubs starter R. Harden was claimed by a team as well,rumors are all over the place with this one,I heard an NL team claimed him,then i heard he got through the NL teams and an AL team claimed him(Twins).I did some searching and came up with NOTHING as of now.Whatever happens with Harden a rotation will become INSTANTLY BETTER.

STENGEL DIVISION-The Bluejays have a 4 game lead over the Tigers and Yankees.The Tigers lost a heartbreaking series to the REDHOT Giants,while the Yanks lost 2 out of 3 to the Cards keeping the Cards playoff hopes alive.The Jays,Tigers and Yankees are 3 of the BEST teams in the league.This division isnt looking as WEAK as people thought it would be before the season

BERRA DIVISION-The Giants and Redsox look poised to take there spots in the playoffs,both teams are having OutSTANDING seasons.The REAL battle is for the 3rd playoff spot between the Whitesox and Rangers(I hope u both get back on down the stretch).The battle between the Whitesox and Rangers could end up being a CLASSIC down to the last game PENNANT RACE.

JUST MY THOUGHTS-This is the BEST time of the year,the PENNANT and WILDCARD race,let's get our games in fellas,no coinflips,no UNEARNED wins,let's settle the rest of the season ON THE FIELD and NOT in the commissioners office.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:58 pm

NEWS-Former Redsox pitcher B. Penny who was released by the sox last week signs with the Giants. A really solid move for the Giants adding another good arm and giving the pitching staff even more depth.The Giants add depth and also could be getting back R Johnson,if Johnson does come back it will be in a relief role but just knowing the u have THE BIG UNIT in the bullpen is SCARY to opposing teams. We will see if R. Johnson can make it back.
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 7:06 pm

Sweet!!!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:44 am

NEWS-The Dodgers pick up 2 just before Sept 1,Whitesox DH J. Thome and Angels pitcher J. Garland.Im sure Thome will just be a BIG BAT of the bench 2 pinch hit and Garland gives the Dodgers some depth in their rotation.
Back to top Go down
YouLightWork

YouLightWork

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 10:19 am

Looks like the WhiteSox have officially given up on the season. Dealing Thome and Contreras... Sad
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 8:13 am

WELCOME BACK- Braves pitcher T. Hudson is back in the Braves rotation after missing the entire season. He had Tommy John surgery and that Braves rotation just got even better.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 8:28 pm

What's up Phoenix League this is a NEW installmen of LEAGUE NEWS hosted by me smitty.

STENGAL DIVISION-With the Bluejays and Tigers in control of there playoff destiny its the Yankees who have been struggling down the stretch lately,the Yankees have not been the same since that WEIRD game with the Cardinals when they lost on 2 errors that cost them the game.Since that game the Cardinals have won 8 straight to not only get back in the race but as of now they are the WILCARD team in the division,everyone is looking forward to the end of this race with the Cardinals and Yankees playing in the LAST series of the season,u could not WRITE a better script than that,GOODLUCK to both teams,u both earned it.

BERRA DIVISION-The Giants and Redsox are going to represent that division in the playoffs, the Rangers have took a step back and giving the Whitesox a 3gm lead.The Rangers need 2 get a winning streak started to get back into the race,the Rangers have suffered some KEY INJURIES to M. Young(out 2 weeks) and J. Hamilton (out indefinately) that will hinder them from reaching the playoffs,I think the Rangers have ONE LAST RUN in them to make the WILDCARD race VERY interesting.

See you guys next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:17 am

Whats up Phoenix League? This is a NEW installment of LEAGUE NEWS hosted by me, Smitty.

CONGRATULATIONS-Go out to the Giants and Bluejays for clinching there divisions and playing outstanding baseball all season.Also congrats to the Tigers as well for putting themselves in GREAT position to make the playoffs as well.

NEWS- The Redsox will be getting pitcher D. Matsuzaka off the DL this week just in time to bolster that rotation and also just in time for the playoff push.

STENGEL DIVISION-
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:37 am

Sorry Phoenix League I hit the send button by mistake. Very Happy

STENGEL DIVISION-With the Bluejays and Tigers already thinking playoffs that last wildcard spot is still up for grabs between the Cardinals and the Yankees. A few weeks ago the Yankees had that spot without question but the Cards quietly got back into the race and made this last playoff spot a fight to the finish. With the Yankees recent struggles and the Cards getting swept at home by the Tigers, the Cards lead over the Yankees is a half a game with 9 games left to play. The Cardinals and Yankees play each other the final series of the year with the playoffs in the balance,that should be LOTS of fun to watch.

BERRA DIVISION-With the Giants setting up the rotation for the playoffs and the Redsox in really good shape for the 2nd seed(the Whitesox still have a chance at the 2nd seed 3gms back with 9 to play)the Whitesox and Rangers are battling to the wire for that FINAL playoff spot with the Whitesox leading by a half a game. I tip my hat to the Rangers for still being in the race with injuries to the core of there team (Kinsler,Young,Hamilton).Its asking ALOT from the Rangers to pull this out but as Yogi Berra once said "it AINT over til its OVER"

MY THOUGHTS-WOOOW what a season going down to the wire,it's been a FUN ride so far and the PLAYOFFS are still to come. Good luck 2 ALL the teams in the league fighting for a playoff spot or teams thinking about next year,u all deserve thanks for a great season so far.

See you guys next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:56 am

NEWS-Giants pitcher R. Johnson was activated off the DL.The Giants plan to use him in the bullpen.What a weapon coming out of the bullpen for the Giants.R. Johnson is coming back right on time for the playoff run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LEAGUE NEWS
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next