The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

LEAGUE NEWS

Go down 
+2
mikeda1940
omgsmitty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 7:15 pm

What's up Phoenix League members? It's OMGsmitty with another edition of LEAGUE NEWS.

CONGRATS- To J. Mauer for signing and STAYING with the Twins,it's good to see at least one free agent that the Yankees or Redsox WONT get,my hat is off to J. Mauer and the Twins organization for making that happen.

FINALLY- The first week of the Phoenix League has finished with all the league members trying to get use to MLB10 and there teams. This 1st week was the FEELING OUT process,most members like myself are getting use to a team that they NEVER played with before. The good thing about it is that we have a whole season (90games) to get things right as far as lineups,rotations,calling guys up,sending guys down (I LOVE THAT FEATURE),u will have PLENTY of time to get it right.

STENGAL DIVISION- What a LOG JAM to start the season with 6 teams(Angels,Braves,Tigers,Phillies,Yankees,Mets)all WITHIN 2games of each other. I know it's early but i have a feeling it's going to be CHAOS in that division the entire season. The Whitesox and Indians are off to SLOW starts but there is PLENTY of time to make a run at the division. It's definately to early too PANIC but you dont want to fall to far behind the pack.

BERRA DIVISION- It's a little more clearer as far as 1st place as the Dodgers jump out to a 8-0 start,the men in Dodger blue are rolling in the early season.The LOG JAM in this division is for 2nd place with 4 teams(Rangers,Redsox,Twins,Rays)all separated by ONE game.The Mariners,Nationals,and Cardinals are off to SLOW starts but all it takes is some momentum and things can turn around for these teams. Good fortures need to start happening soon for these teams before its just to much to overcome.

JUST MY THOUGHTS-It's a LOOONNNNNGGGG season for us but we ALL need to get our games in to keep things rolling,we are WAY to early in the season for the commish to EXTEND series,i understand that we all have lives,kids,wifes,etc,but im sure we ALL can get this done.We should all be EXCITED right now a NEW season NEW members a BETTER game this year and we all play the RIGHT way,what more can you ask for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see you guys later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 12:49 am

What's up Phoenix League members? It's OMGsmitty with another edition of LEAGUE NEWS.

BEST WISHES- Goes out to league member Head who wont be able to finish the league this year,i wanna wish you the best and i hope to see you back playing in the league soon.

UNOFFICIAL TEAM stats(some stats have NOT been included yet with SC)

BA
1.Rangers 386
2.Twins 383
3.Redsox 370

RUNS
1.Redsox 105
2.Rangers 104
3.Twins 103

HITS
1.Redsox 197
2.Twins 194
3.Braves 190

RBI
1.Redsox 106
2.Twins 102
3.Rangers 99

HR
1.Dodgers 29
2.Rangers 25
Braves 25

STENGAL DIVISION-The Angels(14-1) are ROLLING right now off to an AMAZING start and they already opened up a 6 game lead on the division.Mike Sciocia once again has the Angels playing the type of baseball that WINS divisions.The Mets(8-7),Braves(8-7),and Phillies(8-7) are trying to keep pace and i know those teams will get on a HOT streak and make this very interesting before it's all said and done.The Tigers(7-8)are trying to find themselves this year with a whole new core of players and starting ROOKIES at ss and in cf,i expect a run from them as well once this team gels together.The Whitesox(5-10)have one of the BEST starting rotations in the league but they have not found there stuff yet,there is ALOT of talent on that team and hopefully it can all come together.The Indians(2-13)just cant get a break they get off to a bad start and LOOSE a starter F. Carmona that they were REALLY counting on this year.

BERRA DIVISION-The Redsox(12-3)and the Dodgers(12-3) are BATTLING for 1st place at the moment,both teams are playing OUTSTANDING baseball right now and look to be fighting for the division title all season.Everything is just GREAT in MANNYWOOD at the moment and the Redsox (so called lack of offense) bats are just fine as they are league leaders in SEVERAL team categories. The Rays(9-6)are young and are ready to put it all together and make a run at this.The Rangers(9-6) can REALLY swing the bats and that OFFENSE can carry them and allow them to make a run as well.The Twins(8-7) are also talented enough to make a run.The Mariners(6-9)was my sleeper team going into the season,they are off to a slow start but i think they will put it togher and make a charge.The Nationals(3-12)jare building a team but that takes time and they will have to take there lumps before they turn it around.The Cardinals(2-13)are the team that SURPRISED me i was expecting bigger things from them but they just cant seem to get it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST MY THOUGHTS-Opening Night is sunday Yankees/Redsox espn is WASTING no time bringing out the big guns,opening day is monday,another season is upon us and it's time to PLAYBALL once again,BASEBALL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 1:34 pm

CONGRATS-To our newest member Rbadd(taking over the EVIL EMPIRE Evil or Very Mad )replacing Head the rest of the season. You will like it here and i wish you luck the rest of the season and look forward to playing you down the road!!!!!!!!!!!

UNOFFICIAL team stats(some stats have NOT been included yet with SC)

BA
1.Braves 376
2.Redsox 373
3.Twins 367

RUNS
1.Dodgers 166
2.Redsox 162
3.Rangers 119

HITS
1.Redsox 295
2.Dodgers 274
3.Rangers 237

RBI's
1.Dodgers 161
2.Redsox 159
3.Braves 115

HR's
1.Dodgers 51
2.Phillies 42
3.Redsox 34

STENGEL DIVISION-The Angels(19-2)right now are definately the class of this division with a 6 games lead in this young season.The Angels have not missed a beat with all there off season subtractions,that ship keeps on sailing,NEW crew SAME results.The Mets(13-8)are HEALTHY and i expect a run from them,if the Mets can get good starting pitching then they will be in the thick of things.The Braves(12-9)dont have that problem,i believe they have one of the better pitching staffs in the entire Phoenix League and if those bats hit then watch out.The Phillies(13-10)lineup rivals that of an American League lineup,hitting is NOT a problem,my concerns with them is the bullpen,if the bullpen holds up i think they can make a run at the division.The Yankees(11-10)roster is STACKED and under NEW management i think the Bronx Bombers will have there say when its all said and done.The Tigers(10-13)need a SPARK,a nice little winning streak to get them going,they have the talent it's just the matter of putting it together.The Whitesox(6-15)are really struggling to get things going,I REALLY like there pitching staff but it's not pitching to it's full potential as of yet,the lineup is still dangerous enough to score runs.The Indians(3-18)still have alot of work to do,everyone HATES to use this word but the Indians are REBUILDING so they are gonna take some hits,it's a process!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BERRA DIVISION-The Redsox(18-3)are leading the way playing GREAT all around baseball,the Sox brought in some defensive minded players and it's really changed there whole way of playing(for the better).The Dodgers(18-5)are right there playing really good baseball as well getting solid pitching and hitting,they will be there fighting for the division.The Twins(12-9)lineup is POTENT and a team to look out for as the season progresses,if they can get good work from there starting pitchers they can make things interesting.The Rangers(11-10)can RIP the cover off the ball and if there pitching catches up with there offense then the boys in Arlington will definately make a push towards the playoffs.The Rays(10-11)are young and talented and they have the players to make a run,confidence is very important to a young and if they can get that then they will be right there.The Mariners(8-15)have never really got on track yet this season to make a run,i think they need 1 more starter to go with King Felix and C. Lee and also another big bat to really make a run at the playoffs.The Nationals(4-17)are trying to turn there franchise around,it's a tough process but they have some pieces in place but it takes time to develop.The Cardinals(4-17)are talented but never put it together,when you dig a hole for yourself so deep sometimes it's just too deep to get out of!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOP 10 POWER RANKINGS(NEW to LEAGUE NEWS)
1.Angels
2.Redsox
3.Dodgers
4.Mets
5.Twins
6.Braves
7.Phillies
8.Rangers
9.Yankees
10.Rays

JUST MY THOUGHTS-I REALLY enjoy that SC does ALL the stats this year(a good thing)BUT if there gonna do that then lets get the stats MORE up to date then they are(a BAD thing).There are STILL stats that have not been put into the league from 2-3 weeks ago.COME ON SC lets TIGHTEN UP,The Show is VERY REALISTIC(the game)but lets get the stats a little more REALISTIC as well Sportsconnect!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you next Sunday and EVERY Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:26 pm

What's up Phoenix League members? Its OMGsmitty with an early SATURDAY EDITION of LEAGUE NEWS(NBA playoffs start 2day and all weekend so i gotta WATCH IT Basketball )

A LEAGUE MEMBER-Bbissette19 is a GREAT league member and when its time to VOTE my vote will be to KEEP HIM IN THE LEAGUE.His only issue is weekends which i UNDERSTAND bcuz thats when he gets his kids,other than he's a braves fan Very Happy hes good for the league and he plays the RIGHT way.I ONLY play league games because most people online DONT play the right way.Bbissette just needs a few series PLAYED in a row to get that percentage up,let's WORK with him league members to make that happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNOFFICIAL team stats (some stats have NOT been included yet with SC) Evil or Very Mad

BA
1.Braves 362
2.Redsox 362
3.Rangers 356

RUNS
1.Dodgers 185
2.Redsox 183
3.Rangers 157

AT BATS
1.Whitesox 995
2.Redsox 937
3.Dodgers 899

HITS
1.Redsox 339
2.Dodgers 309
3.Rangers 301

RBI's
1.Dodgers 180
2.Redsox 179
3.Rangers 151

HR's
1.Phillies 56
2.Dodgers 56
3.Yankees 41

STENGEL DIVISION-The Angels(23-4)are still ahead of the division DESPITE loosing 2 out of 3 to the Twins in Anahiem.The Halos still have a 5.5 gm lead in the division.The Phillies(18-10)take care of business against the Cardinals and TAKE OVER 2nd place in the division.The Mets(17-10)just COULDNT take advantage of the Angels misfortunes as they loose 2 out of 3 to the Whitesox in Chicago.The Yankees(16-13) under NEW management are trying to get back in the race with a HUGE series win over the Redsox in Boston.The Braves(13-14)need to get there management situation in order cuz RUMORS are that they want to go in another direction but in my opinion the grass isnt always greener on the other side,the old management team should stay in Atlanta.The Tigers(12-16)are still FIGHTING with a big series win over the Rays at home.

BERRA DIVISION-Although it is TOO EARLY to scoreboard watch it sure is fun seeing the Redsox(22-5) and Dodgers(22-5) tied for 1st place,with the Dodgers SWEEP of the Braves got them right back into a tie,this should go down to the end.The Twins(16-11)are playing good baseball and are coming off a BIG series win over the Angels on the road.The Rays(14-13)go to Detroit and loose 2 of 3 not really playing good baseball in the series.The Rangers(15-14)keep pace with the Twins and the Rays by SWEEPING the Indians in Cleveland,dont look now but the Mariners are starting to catch up to the Twins,Rays,and Rangers to make things very COMPLICATED in this division.

TOP !0 POWER RANKINGS
1.Angels
2.Dodgers
3.Redsox
4.Phillies
5.Mets
6.Twins
7.Yankees
8.Rays
9.Rangers
10.Braves

JUST MY THOUGHTS-Enjoy the League it looks to be CRAZY again this season!!!!!

See you next weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 2:00 pm

What's up Phoenix League members? It's OMGsmitty with another edition of LEAGUE NEWS Very Happy

WISH U WELL-Bissette19 and Pointshaver i wish u well and i hope to see u BOTH back in the future.

CONGRATS-To Beamerca for coming back into the league and taking over the Nationals Very Happy I look forward to playing you and goodluck the rest of the season.

OWNER-The Braves still need an owner,let's all work together to make that happen,i got a couple real good guys in mind but im sure the commish has a plan for this situation.

UNOFFICIAL TEAM STATS Evil or Very Mad

BA
1.Rangers 365
2.Braves 363
3.Twins 361

RUNS
1.Dodgers 237
2.Rangers 207
3.Redsox 201

AT BATS
1.Redsox 1196
2.Dodgers 1155
3.Whitesox 1129

HITS
1.Redsox 416
2.Dodgers 395
3.Rangers 377

RBI's
1.Dodgers 231
2.Rangers 200
3.Redsox 196

HOMERUNS
1.Dodgers 72
2.Phillies 69
3.Rangers 53

STENGEL DIVISION-The Angels(27-6)lead in the division is now down to 4 games.They are still playing solid baseball but have lost some games lately.The Mets(23-10)are one of the HOTTEST teams in the league right now coming off series WINS over the Redsox and Phillies.The Phillies(22-11)are playing good baseball just a game behind the Mets.The Yankees(16-17)are looking to change there season under NEW management,this team is too talented not to challenge for a playoff spot.The Tigers(17-18)will also challenge for one of the 4 playoff spots as well,it wll be interesting to see how the Yankees and Tigers battle for there playoff spots.The Braves(15-18)are looking for NEW management and i hope they find it soon because there is still time left to turn the season around,they are still in the race but some things have to happen for them really soon.The Whitesox(10-25)and the Indians(4-29)are looking to both spoil some teams hopes the rest of the season.

BERRA DIVISION-The Dodgers(26-7) are all alone in 1st place with a 4 game lead.The Dodgers just play steady baseball.The Redsox(22-11)have been STRUGGLING as of late but i expect them to bounce back(every team will have a time in the season when u are NOT playing well)The Twins(19-14) and the Rangers(19-14) just played a series which the Rangers won the series to tie things up.The Rangers are another HOT team right now playing very well.The Rays(18-15)are a game back of the Twins and Rangers.It will be fun watching those 3 teams battle the rest of the season.The Mariners(13-20)despite the record are one of those teams that will be a factor in determining who will make the playoffs,they can beat anyone in the league.The Cardinals(9-24) and the Nationals(6-27)are going to be in the SAME roll and the Whitesox and Indians in the other division,spoil teams playoff hopes.

TOP 10 POWER RANKINGS
1.Angels
2.Dodgers
3.Mets
4.Phillies
5.Redsox
6.Rangers
7.Twins
8.Rays
9.Yankees
10.Tigers

JUST MY THOUGHTS-A great season so far fellas ALMOST half way done let's keep it up and finish off STRONG,plus we gotta find a OWNER for the BRAVES(COIN FLIPS R NOT GOOD WIN YOUR GAMES ON THE FIELD) Very Happy See ya next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 4:21 pm

Quote :
OWNER-The Braves still need an owner,let's all work together to make that happen,i got a couple real good guys in mind but im sure the commish has a plan for this situation.

Actually, no. I'm open to ideas and people. If you know people, bring them over (maybe one at a time).
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 1:32 pm

What's up Phoenix League members? It's OMGsmitty with an ALL-STAR break edition of LEAGUE NEWS,since the action this week was very LIMITED i decided to just breakdown the teams in the divisions.

WELCOME BACK-Bbissett19 AGAIN Very Happy NO MORE VOTES PLEASE Very Happy glad 2 have u back!!!!!!!!!!!!

STENGEL DIVISION
1.Angels(30-6)-The most CONSISTANT team in the division
2.Mets(26-10)-A very DANGEROUS team in the division
3.Phillies(23-14)-The team you DONT wanna play in the division
4.Tigers-(18-18)-The team that can BEAT anyone in the division
5.Yankees(18-19)-The team to LOOK OUT for in the 2nd half
6.Braves(17-21)-The team STILL trying to find themselves
7.Whitesox(10-28)-The team with NOTHING to lose which means SPOILER
8.Indians(4-32)-The team thats REBUILDING

BERRA DIVISION
1.Dodgers(29-7)-The best PUT TOGETHER team with vets and young talent
2.Redsox-(25-11)-The best DEFENSIVE team in the division
3.Rays(21-16)-The team with the most YOUNG TALENT in the division
4.Twins(20-16)-The team that can BEAT anyone in the division
5.Rangers(20-17)-The most DANGEROUS team in the division
6.Mariners(13-23)-The team STILL trying to find themselves
7.Cardinals(12-24)-The team with NOTHING to lose which means SPOILER
8.Nationals(8-30)- The team that is REDUILDING

JUST MY THOUGHTS-Time to get back on that grind again and lets have a SOLID 2nd half of the season,goodluck 2 EVERYONE in the league,NOW we are getting to the point when teams start SCOREBOARD watching Very Happy Have a GREAT 2nd half EVERYONE!!!!!!!! see ya next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
damilkmanpart2

damilkmanpart2

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:27 pm

U the man Smitty!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 1:11 am

What's up Phoenix League? It's OMGsmitty with a special MOTHERS DAY and second half edition of LEAGUE NEWS.

PLAY BALL-With the break over that means the second half of the season is starting and the TENSION is mounting,teams are JOCKING for playoff positions and things are getting a little TESTY on the diamond(Phillies and Whitesox series).Its that time of year EVERYONE has been waiting for so........ GOODLUCK

MY FIRST HALF-As the manager of the Rays(26-19)i am happy with my first half although i feel i let a few games get away with STUPID mistakes,hopefully i can do better at that the second half.

UNOFFICAL TEAM STATS Evil or Very Mad

BA
1.Braves 370
2.Rangers 366
3.Angels 354

RUNS
1.Rangers 294
2.Dodgers 280
3.Redsox 270

AT BATS
1.Redsox 1506
2.Dodgers 1475
3.Rangers 1442

HITS
1.Rangers 526
2.Redsox 525
3.Dodgers 491

RBI's
1.Rangers 286
2.Dodgers 273
3.Redsox 260

HOMERUNS
1.Phillies 97
2.Dodgers 85
3.Rangers 70

STENGEL DIVISION-The Angels(37-8)had the BEST first half of the entire league,they go into the second half with a 3gm lead over those PESKY Mets(34-11) who just wont go away and still keeping the heat on the Angels while the Phillies(29-16)who are playing well and 13games over 500 still see themselves 5games behind the Mets and 8games behind the Angels,theres still plenty of baseball left to make a run,as of now they have the third playoff spot locked down,as of the fourth and FINAL playoff spot,its a 3 team race between the Yankees Tigers and Braves but it looks like which ever one of those teams get hot will get that spot,this will be very interesting to see which one of those teams want it more and play the best baseball in the second half.The Whitesox(15-30)still have an outside chance only being 6gms behind the Yankees.

BERRA DIVISION-The Dodgers(38-9)cruise into the second half with a 6gm lead over the Redsox and if they keep that up they might run and hide from the rest of the division The Redsox(30-15)seem to have put things back together as they are playing well again while the Rangers(27-18)are gonna keep things very interesting in the third playoff spot just 3games back of the Redsox,if the sox do struggle a little the Rangers could make a serious run at the 2nd playoff spot and the Rays(26-19)have there sights on the 3rd playoff spot and holding off the Twins(23-22)who are only 3games behind the Rays,there is so much baseball left to be played and this division with 5 teams OVER 500 will have to keep playing well and not have many losing streaks because it will cost you.

TOP TEN POWER RANKINGS
1.Angels
2.Dodgers
3.Mets
4.Redsox
5.Phillies
6.Rangers
7.Rays
8.Twins
9.Yankees
10.Tigers

JUST MY THOUGHTS-This is all friendly competition and its fun but we ALL still have to remember that this is JUST A GAME when its all said and done,this is recreational,this is NOT your job and u DONT get paid for this,its fun and its still JUST A VIDEO GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JUST ENJOY. see ya next week!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 5:20 pm

What's up Phoenix League? It's OMGsmitty with another edition of LEAGUE NEWS(sorry Crying or Very sad for running a little late this week but i had some things i had to do)

FAREWELL-to Freshnikes who will not continue the season with us,what a shame because his Tigers are right in the thick of the playoff hunt,i wish you well bro and i ope to see u here next season.

CONGRATS-to Tampa Bay Rays pitchers W. Davis, G. Balfour, and R. Soriano for combinding for a no hitter against the Seattle Mariners,GREAT JOB cheers

STENGEL DIVISION-The Angels(42-9)just keep it steady and keep playing good baseball,they now stretch their lead to 5 games,its gonna be HARD to take the division from these guys because they are so CONSISTANT,the Mets(37-14)though have other ideas,this team has been good all season long and i dont see that changing,they r 5 games back but if they can hang around u never know what can happen down the stretch,the Phillies(31-20)are having a good season but they have a mountain to climb to to catch the Angels but can still make things interesting with the Mets though,the Yankees(25-26),Tigers(23-28),and Braves(23-28) are within 2 games of each other,this will come down to which team wants it more,right now its the Yankees and Braves really fighting for it until the Tigers figure out who is going to take over as manager,the Whitesox(17-34)still only 8 games back NOW its time to make a run.

BERRA DIVISION-The Dodgers(41-10)are playing as well as anyone and have a comfortable 6 game lead,if they just play steady baseball the rest of the way they should come away with the division,the Redsox(35-16)are back to playing good baseball and wont take the Dodgers winning this division lying down,they will make a run,the Rangers(30-21)are in a fight for the 3rd spot with the Rays(28-23)and Twins(27-24).The Rays have not been playing well as of late and its time for them to pick it up,the Twins have been up and down as well but i am expecting both of these teams to put it together and make it real interesting,the Mariners(20-31)are going to SPOIL alot of teams hopes and dreams because the most dangerous team is a team with NOTHING to lose.This division is stacked and having 5 teams over 500. says it all on how good this division is.

TOP TEN POWER RANKINGS
1.Angels
2.Dodgers
3.Mets
4.Redsox
5.Phillies
6.Rangers
7.Rays
8.Twins
9.Yankees
10.Tigers/Braves

JUST MY THOUGHTS-Enjoy the rest of the season and play the games,no coinflips Very Happy see ya next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
bbissette19

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:19 pm

Great info SMITTY!! GOOD JOB!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freshnikes

Freshnikes

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:53 am

Go tigers I'll be rooting for you....
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 11:07 pm

What's up Phoenix League members? It's OMGsmitty with another edition of LEAGUE NEWS!!!!!!!!

RIP-To longtime pitcher Jose Lima who died this morning of an apparent heart attack at his home in LA,he was only 37.He will be missed!!!!!!!!

WELCOME-elmamboking to the league and good luck with the Tigers,your right in the thick of the race so enjoy and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!

ISSUES-with the lineups as of late has the Phoenix League members asking the question WTF sportsconnect?It seems like everytime they try and do something right something else ends up WRONG,lets get it together PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

STATS-The reason why i STOPPED putting the stats in is because its UNOFFICIAL and we all want ACCURATE stats,i dont know about the rest of the league members but i have been keeping track of my teams stats the entire season so far and i must say that there definately more ACCURATE than sportsconnect.So for all you members out there who live for their stats,this must be KILLING you because we all know the stats are not RIGHT Evil or Very Mad. I stop looking at the stats because there are games that are NOT included yet(games from the 1st half of the season,so your best bet is to keep your OWN stats)

STENGEL DIVISION-The Angels(45-9)now have a MAGIC number(17),wow its getting to be that time of the year.What else can i say about the Angels except REALLY GOOD,they have a 6 game lead and its seems as if they are on there way to a division title,the Mets(39-15)are doing all they can but when a team only has 9 losses its really tough and the Mets have played good baseball all year,the Phillies(34-20)i feel will have the 3rd playoff spot going into the playoffs,they can still make a run at the Mets but we will see if they put it on cruise and be happy with the 3rd spot and take care of business in the playoffs,the Yankees(28-26)get over the 500. mark and lets see if they try and make a run at the Phillies but before they do that they have to get the Bravers(25-29)off there backs,the Braves are only 3games back of the Yankess and these teams play a HUGE series real soon,the Tigers(24-30)are just 4 games back and ready to make a run under NEW management.

BERRA DIVISION-The Dodgers(44-10)also have a MAGIC number(22),this team has played well all season long and are now cruising with an 8 game lead in the division,the Redsox(36-18)seem to have the 2nd spot to themselves and are still playing there type of baseball,a veteran team like the Redsox know that they are judged during the playoffs and not by the regular season,the BIGGEST race will take place for the last 2 playoff spots,but the problem is that there are 3 teams fighting for 2 spots and all 3 teams are deserving of a playoff spot,the Rangers(31-23),the Rays(31-23),and the Twins(29-25)are fighting for those spots and i think this one will come down to the end of the season,neither of these teams are putting any distance from one another and leads to a CLOSE race down the stretch,its too early to call but i guarantee that this will be a CLASSIC finish!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOP TEN POWER RANKINGS
1.Angels
2.Dodgers
3.Mets
4.Redsox
5.Phillies
6.Rangers
7.Rays
8.Twins
9.Yankees
10.Braves

JUST MY THOUGHTS-I RESPECT everyone in the league,and i also RESPECT the members who could not play the entire season this year,and i understand that this is a game and people have REAL LIFE issues that they have to deal with,i UNDERSTAND that but when you tell the league that you cant play in the league for a particular reason and your ONLINE EVERYDAY ALL DAY it makes no sense to me Very Happy Its just something i noticed for a while now but i just wanted to mentioned it because while i was writing LEAGUE NEWS it was in my thoughts,and its JUST MY THOUGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!see ya next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:14 am

What's up Phoenix League members? It's OMGsmitty with another edition of LEAGUE NEWS!!!!!!!!!

SORRY-for the LATE edition of LEAGUE NEWS but i like the standings to be UPDATED before i have a new edition of LEAGUE NEWS,it just gives me more to work with,and by looking at the standings there is ALOT 2 talk about.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS-I hope everyone enjoyed there Memorial Day weekend,another reason why LEAGUE NEWS was late i drank quite a bit this weekend,hey im a VETERAN i can do that Very Happy

ALL STAR VOTING-Has anyone checked out the voting for the NATIONAL LEAGUE? It's all Phillies and Cardinals,WOW come on other cities start voting for your players because Philly and St Louie are DEFINATELY voting Smile

ISSUES-with games FREEZING when u go 2 your bullpen,Wichi has had that problem TWICE and i myself had that problem once with Willdog,im sure it probably happened to other people as well,MLB is the BEST baseball game out there now its time for SC 2 STEP UP and get there act together

STENGEL DIVISION-What else can i say about the Angels(50-10),they are a well oiled machine,they are reliable and always seem to run right all the time,the division is pretty much theres with a 10 game lead,now its almost that time for them to start thinking about keeping everyone healthy and focus on the playoffs,the Mets(40-20)are 20 games over 500. and are still 10 games back(that shows you how well the Angels are playing),they still need to focus and play good baseball because the Phillies are only 5 games back and still have one last run in them before they conceed 2nd place to the Mets.All of a sudden the Yankees(32-28)are in the mix just 3 games behind the Phils,they could make things really interesting in the next couple of weeks,the Braves(28-32)really gotta make moves NOW in order to get a playoff spot,the Tigers(26-34)are only 6 games from the final playoff spot but they gotta get things going in a hurry.

BERRA DIVISION-The Dodgers(49-11)are 12 games up and in the drivers seat to win the division,there focus like the Angels are to stay healthy and get ready for a playoff run,the Redsox(37-23)once upon a time had a HOLD on 2nd place but NOT SO FAST as they are now in a fight to hold that spot,the Rangers(36-24)are just a game back now and now have there sights on a 2nd place finish,the Rays(35-25)got there act together and now are focused on that spot as well,this is probably the best baseball the Rays have played all year and seem to be playing with confidence,the Twins(34-26)are playing with confidence as well and it seems as if these 3 teams(Rangers,Rays,Twins)are playing with a sense of URGENTCY and all 3 teams are playing good baseball because no one wants to miss the playoffs and none of these teams want to be the team on the outside looking in,this is what a pennant race is all about,exciting baseball.

TOP TEN POWER RANKINGS
1.Angels
2.Dodgers
3.Mets
4.Redsox
5.Rangers
6.Rays
7.Phillies
8.Twins
9.Yankees
10.Braves

JUST MY THOUGHTS-Im just happy to be in the most EXCITING pennant race in the entire league.I like playing every game now knowing that i need to win to keep pace with those pesky Rangers and Twins Very Happy My focus is so much better this season then in season 2(my 1st season)and im playing better baseball because of the competiton and i know i gotta bring it every game and i wanna thank everyone in the league for that,the competition in my opinion is better this year than ever before!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!see ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Leokillz

Leokillz

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 6:56 pm

Smitty where are U? Update please...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LEAGUE NEWS Empty
PostSubject: Re: LEAGUE NEWS   LEAGUE NEWS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LEAGUE NEWS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Phoenix League - MLB The Show :: ARCHIVE :: SEASON FOUR :: ANNOUNCEMENTS/LEAGUE NEWS-
Jump to: