The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

introducing tt1972

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tt1972

tt1972

introducing tt1972 Empty
PostSubject: introducing tt1972   introducing tt1972 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:07 pm

Hey everyone....TT1972 here (that's my psn screen name or whatever its called). Not a serious gamer here, just an old married guy who escapes the daily grind with a good baseball game. Repeat-I am NOT a serious gamer (in other words, I really don't care what your online trophies/stats/status is...i just want a to play a fair, fun game). If you're beating me by 5 in the top of the 9th, I'm going to take my medicine and finish the game, not turn the game off. I can usually only manage about 3-4 games a week and don't want to hold up a league or anything like that, but I love the idea of getting together with a few baseball junkies like me (have a 6 month old son, so that's a time consumer).

Grew up in Colorado and am a huge Rockies fan and would love to "claim" the Rockies in an online league. Living in the Phoenix area.

take er easy all and feel free to add me as a psn friend.
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

introducing tt1972 Empty
PostSubject: Re: introducing tt1972   introducing tt1972 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Welcome tt1972, glad you could make it! So, if I'm understanding you correctly, you are looking for a good group of players to play online against, but not necessarily looking for a league where you would have to commit 3 games every 3 days. Thats totally cool, especially since you still have the same philosophy about playing games as real as possible as we do. You are certainly invited to stick around and use our boards to set up exhibition games against our members. I'll also add you to my friend's list and maybe you would consider joining us for future seasons!

Welcome aboard!! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
tt1972

tt1972

introducing tt1972 Empty
PostSubject: Re: introducing tt1972   introducing tt1972 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:23 pm

Thanks Mikeda,

I would like to join a league, but worry that I'd hold it up. I'm new to the online thing, so how does the schedule work? If I don't have the time to play for a couple days, does that hold the schedule (all the other games) up from progressing? If that's the case, I'm not sure that I can commit as I don't want to keep you guys hanging...

Oh, and yes, add me as it would be cool to play you guys when I find the time...

Take er easy..
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

introducing tt1972 Empty
PostSubject: Re: introducing tt1972   introducing tt1972 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Essentially, you would be committing to an average of a game a day (three games within three days). At the end of the three days, I resolve unplayed games and award wins to the player I feel made the most effort to play the games, or grant wins on coin flips if no one is at fault. A new rule we have this season states that, if your games played falls below 60%, you will be automatically dropped from the league.

Since you can only play 3-4 games a week, there is a great danger of you falling below 60%. Better off sitting this one out and getting a feel for the league. Then, if you want to play in another season when you had more time, you would be more than welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
tt1972

tt1972

introducing tt1972 Empty
PostSubject: Re: introducing tt1972   introducing tt1972 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 5:04 pm

sounds good man....hopefully see a bunch of you asking to add me as a friend and we can have some good exhibition games!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

introducing tt1972 Empty
PostSubject: Re: introducing tt1972   introducing tt1972 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

introducing tt1972
Page 1 of 1