The Phoenix League - MLB The Show
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home to The Phoenix League -Sony's MLB The Show's premier online baseball league

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

****SEASON ONE CHAMPION - LEOKILLZ - RED SOX****SEASON TWO CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - BLUE JAYS****SEASON THREE CHAMPION - WICHIWICHIPAI - MARINERS****SEASON FOUR CHAMPION - BBISSETTE19 - BRAVES****THE PHOENIX LEAGUE IS CLOSED****ALL GAMES PLAYED OR RESOLVED****PHOENIX LEAGUE FOREVER!!!!****

PointShaver

Go down 
+2
mikeda1940
PointShaver
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PointShaver

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:05 pm

What's up? I received a PM from mikeda1940, pertaining to this website. I'm 33, live in Las Vegas, and a I am trying to find a good "SIM LEAGUE" that will finish. I play 100% sim baseball. I am 2k Sports transplant that has fell in love with MLB The Show 10.

I like to use crappy teams such as the Pirates, Nationals, Royals, and Padres.

My preferred settings are Hall of Fame level. Guess Pitch off with Strike Zones off as well. afro
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:20 pm

Hiya Pointshaver. Glad you could make it. You and your champjam level avatar (inside joke Very Happy ) are welcome here! My suggestion here is to get familiar to the page and the RULES, and start playing some exhibition games against some of our members. Our league votes new members in, so people you play will report back their experience.

And, yes, we are playing on HOF, guess pitch and strike zone off.

Welcome aboard!! cheers
Back to top Go down
https://thephoenixleague.forumotion.net
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:22 pm

Also keep in mind, right now we expect to have an even number of players. We need an even number to start the season, but I am hopeful to still see some more players coming in. With apologies, just please be patient as we go through this process.
Back to top Go down
Jones508

Jones508

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:25 pm

Hey man I remember you from last year. We've played a few times they were all clean and fair if I remember it correctly.

Welcome
Back to top Go down
PointShaver

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Hey Jones508. I remember you as well. You were on my friends list. We had some really good games. I remember I got so fed up with the online lag, that I just started playing the 360 again.

Nice to see the online issues were fixed this year, except for the intentional walk bullcrap.

mikeda1940, I see you're from Cleveland. I was born and raised in Youngstown. God I miss Jacobs Field. I had a blast going their in the 94-95 seasons. Shocked
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:38 pm

Hehe...Actually I'm a transplanted New Yorker. I moved to Cleveland in 2002. And you get extra points for calling it Jacob's Field instead of Progressive. <ack> Mad

I got the Indians this year so I can hit balls at the building I work at.... Laughing

As soon as I get on my PS3, I'll be adding you to my friends and buddy lists.
Back to top Go down
PointShaver

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:41 pm

mikeda1940 wrote:
Hehe...Actually I'm a transplanted New Yorker. I moved to Cleveland in 2002. And you get extra points for calling it Jacob's Field instead of Progressive. <ack> Mad

I got the Indians this year so I can hit balls at the building I work at.... Laughing

As soon as I get on my PS3, I'll be adding you to my friends and buddy lists.

Haha. What the hell? Progressive Field? I want "The Jake" back. I recognize OMGSMITTY from my buddy list as well. Hopefully you can find a spot for me soon. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: YO!   PointShaver Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 10:49 pm

Welcome PS, I think you'll like it here.
Back to top Go down
PointShaver

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 12:12 am

REDSOXNATION22 wrote:
Welcome PS, I think you'll like it here.

Well just as I thought I might be getting the hang of this game, you came along and changed that theory for me.

I can't hit. I definitely can't pitch. I finally figured how to run the friggin bases this year, which I thought was the most complicated part of the game.
Back to top Go down
omgsmitty

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: welcome   PointShaver Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 1:37 am

Hey wassup pointsshaver? U are on my friendslist u play the RIGHT way a real class act,u will enjoy the league and i look forward 2 playing u in the league,u will be a great addition. omgsmitty420 aka omgsmitty
Back to top Go down
PlatanoRich

PlatanoRich

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 2:42 am

Welcome Point Shaver... good to have in the league

Vegas Rocks!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
PointShaver

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Thanks guys. Look forward to playing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Feel free to go ahead and pick your team in the Draft Forum. Its your turn to pick and you're on the clock.
Back to top Go down
PointShaver

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:04 am

Can someone please explain to me why I suck so bad? I mean this is really my first full season of playing "The Show" full time. I've always played 2k on the 360.

I understand that you have to aim the left stick towards the location of the ball when you swing, which I get. The problem is whenever I feel like I nail it. it's a line drive to an infielder. Or it looks like a gapper and the OF runs it down. I will hit a weak grounder to short or 3rd, he'll bobble it and throw me out.

My opponent will hit a bullet one hopper to short, I set and throw and wouldn't you know it, he beats it out. Nate McClouth. My pitcher is rolling for 3 innings with a 2-1 lead and all of a sudden can't throw a strike, even though I hit the line coming back on the pitch meter, which ends up being a 5 run inning. rendeer
Back to top Go down
mikeda1940
Admin
mikeda1940

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 12:19 am

Me and my 0-6 record are going to defer to someone else's expertise and sit this explanation out.
Back to top Go down
REDSOXNATION22

REDSOXNATION22

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: YO!   PointShaver Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:38 am

Like anything else in life, just keep trying and you'll figure it out. If something is not working, try something else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PointShaver Empty
PostSubject: Re: PointShaver   PointShaver Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PointShaver
Page 1 of 1